New upgrade for Glacial Shroud?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

08-20-2012

I'm, personally, fine with Glacial Shroud being a Frozen Heart Lite. Multiple build options for it could be excessive.

axesandspears

08-20-2012

Glacial Shroud only really needs Frozen Heart. The only other possibility that I think could make sense for it is an ap item, but cdr, defense, and ap are usually not all paired in the same slot. Aethene's Unholy Grail is the only exception to this standard in existence, and its defense is arguably very light.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
Frozen Heart reduces an AD carry's overall damage by... 20%... No matter who they're targetting... Making a champion 20% less effective... Frozen Heart is easily the best item in the entire game right now, because so much emphasis is put into the AD carry's damage...
20% on top of how much the Armor reduces damage. Yeah, I understand that.

However, the suggested item would have a profoundly huge effect on the carrier's effective HP. While Frozen Heart just gives 99 Armor (and yes the -20% AS aura) as defense, this item is giving 16 less Armor, and 549 bonus HP. Doing EHP maths on a champion who has...let's say 75 Armor and 1995 HP at level 18 (physical EHP = 3491.25)...Frozen Heart just changes the Armor to 174 (physical EHP becomes 5466.3), while this item would make HP 2544 and Armor 158 (physical EHP becomes 6563.52).

EHP increase from FH = +156.6%
EHP increase from this = +188.0%

So you could have one person grab Frozen Heart, everyone else grab this item, and your team lifespan against any form of physical damage is insanely high. Not to mention the CDR insanity. The only champions I can see not buying this are pure carries, who are supposed to stand behind their tanky teammates.

axesandspears

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
The only champions I can see not buying this are pure carries, who are supposed to stand behind their tanky teammates.
But with that much effective health combined with the facts that most damage is often physical damage and health can do so much to stop magic damage, it is quite likely that carries would take this stuff.