What is elo? Rating? Normals?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-16-2012

So.. I've finally started my ranked games today, and I've seen a word called.. "rating" whenever I point on my name, and 1271? Just pops up. I've seen people here talk about "elo", are these the same thing? Also, what do you call normal wins?

Short and accurate explanations would be fine.

I would search other threads, but I'm in my phone app so I just search thoroughly.

Enlighten me, summoners!

Cenerae

08-16-2012

1271 is your elo, which is your rating. It's just a ranking system.

Normal wins are just normal wins. You do have an elo for normal games, but it's hidden and separate from your ranked one.

Luxiere

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
1271 is your elo, which is your rating. It's just a ranking system.

Normal wins are just normal wins. You do have an elo for normal games, but it's hidden and separate from your ranked one.
Thanks for the answer.

Another question if you or any other don't mind answering; Is there a starting elo? How many elo points(?) Do you get if you win or how many do you lose if you lose?

Answers are very much appreciated.

Elodin

08-17-2012

Starting: 1200

Lose a varying amount depending on the rating of the people you play. Expect something in the teens though (+/- 10-14)

Etherimp

08-17-2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

1200 is starting rating in League of Legends.

The better your opponents are, the more points you get if you beat them.

The worst they are, they less if you beat them.

Matches are found based on a search for other teams nearest to your rating. The longer you wait, the larger the search broadens, which will match you up against un-evenly high or low teams, depending on what is available.

Blue team is always the higher rated.
Purple team is always the lower rated.

You can see which team you are on during champion selection by looking at the "Your team" and "Enemy team" text at the top of the character select screen. A blue tint means you're blue, and vice-versa.

Blue team picks first ban and picks first.

The highest rated player on the team will be first pick, down the line to lowest rated player. I believe this still holds true for ranked but no longer holds true for Normal Drafts.

Hakucat

11-29-2012

I find it funny that people on purple lose more then blue cause they hate the camera angle

CLG Lightning

Recruiter

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Prince Haku View Post
I find it funny that people on purple lose more then blue cause they hate the camera angle
Most true statement ever ^

Crucifixation

08-24-2013

I disagree wholeheartedly, I hate blue. Give me purple team anyday. The camera angle makes it seem downhill, which is much better than fighting uphill! I know I'm full of **** but seriously, I'm a jungler. Purple gets the best leash.

Baxter the Teddy

08-24-2013

Quote:
The highest rated player on the team will be first pick, down the line to lowest rated player. I believe this still holds true for ranked but no longer holds true for Normal Drafts.
No longer holds true. First pick is highest only.