[Guide] Heimerdinger - A Guide to Using The Spanner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarBirth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2009

HOW TO WIN WITH HIMER EVERY SINGLE GAME NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Step 1. Evolve from a single celld organism to an at least moderatly intelegent human being.
Step 2. Pick a real hero and stop ruining every game you join.

YOU'RE WELCOME

xle4dhe4dx

11-30-2009

lol RAGEEEE, thats what happens when your ****.

lerio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Im useing Heim as my main character. I Got how to play him down pretty well for the most part, and the regular gear for him. But I have never used any runes and am wondering what runes would be best for him.

About the skill progression I personally like the rockets over the grenade also.

My ideal skill progression is:
1. Turret
2. Rocket
3. Turret
4. Grenade
5. Turret
6. Upgrade
7. Turret
8. Rocket
9. Turret
10. Rocket
11. Upgrade
12. Rocket
13. Rocket
14. Grenade
15. Grenade
16. Upgrade
17. Grenade
18. Grenade

I start out getting Dorans Ring Which gives 10 ability power, 120 HP, and 5 MP regen per 5 sec.
Gives 3 usefull stats.

After that I save up allot of money to buy an Archangels Staff, which gives me no more mana issues and gives a good amount of ability power so my turrets hit harder. Then I save up money and buy a Soul Shroud for HP and cooldown reduction. Then I will buy a Feindish Codex, to minumize my Cooldowns and increase Ability power.

After I got my 4 main iteams what I will get next varies on how the game is going. If it is going good and going to be a long game I get a Rod of Ages, cause after 15 minuites it gives really nice HP MP and ability Power. If its going to be shorter I norammly just buy a Blasting wand and a Dorans Sheild to give more ability power and HP, cheaper so u can get it faster but without the long term benifits of the Rod of Ages. Or if the game is going to end quickly and I have allot of extra money I will get a Zhonya Ring to get a bunch of Ability power.

As I said I have no runes and am wondering what to put in there. Cooldowns would be kinda nice, but when I get to higher lvls I already have my ability cooldown maxes so that wouldnt really do anything, unless I was to not buy as much ability cooldown iteams.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what runes to use it would be appreciated. BTW I was thinking of unlocking Tristina for my secondary champion.

Purutzil

12-08-2009

Lerio I'm sorry to bash you but... your build really is... bad. The reason why you go grenade is three crucial reasons.

1.) Stun/Blind to smack someone trying to kill your turrets/kill you. Grenade can end up giving you a kill to anyone risky enough to come to your turrets. Even most ranged AoE users have to come in close enough to be hit with the turrets, and hitting them with the stun will give a chance to stop their attack while giving a possibility to hurt them.

2.) Grenades can hurt towers. The biggest role heimer plays is being able to hurt towers without needing to get close. Grenades can be chucked to hit the tower or nearby heroes, effectively burning it down. As time goes on and damage improves, the tower will fall faster. Hes effectively able to keep creeps back while nuking a tower.

3.) Missiles SUCK. Face it... they aren't that great until they get higher level. Once they do they are rather unreliable. They only shine once you have a decent sum of AP built up allowing them to finish or slow the enemy (with scepter). Grenade also gives more benefit to the team.

Using Missiles is a big sign the heimer is a noob. A heimer that uses missiles can much easier be taken out by a single hero or possibly two (if the team sucks) while a grenade heimer it could possibly take 2-4 heroes to wipe out the turrets depending if you have a lane parter. I've had cases where I actually took out an entire team with me and 1 other near my turrets.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Universally for heimer, I recomend getting all blue runes as CD. From there put two quiescence runes as the cooldown reduction. With CD reduction from talents you reach the cap (or atleast what its "suppose" to be). If you want to reach the current 'bugged' (though not official cap) you can always kill the gollem. Those runes alone will push your CD reduction to over 12%. Added in with the 8% from talents its 20%. The last 20% would be covered by upgrade max level.

Other runes on the other hand would best be invested in whatever you like. Personally I aim for Health per Level runes in the yellow slot (take a bit more damage from those pesty AoErs and giving a better shot when moving up solo without turrets) and for red I usually invest in Ability Power per Level runes. Really though its up to you what you will find most benefit in. The last quiescence can vary from the AP one (per level) to the Health (Per level) or anything you really want.

RiotRobotRocker

Software Engineer

01-24-2010

Got's a question:

Does the fortify passive damage to minions apply to heimer's turret?

Seems like a big no, but thought I'd check

KingNoob123

11-11-2010

how many turrets can u have in the game total? 3 turrets? or 6 turrets? how come I only have 2 turrets @ level 18?

Relatyve Mynd

11-11-2010

wow what a necro. This guide is pretty incredibly outdated. And you can only have 2 turrets max. Find an updated guide, mang.

Crowbar Sr

Recruiter

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySoSlo View Post
Got's a question:

Does the fortify passive damage to minions apply to heimer's turret?

Seems like a big no, but thought I'd check
Don't necro threads this out of date.

vinniemp24

11-11-2010

basically heimer is nothing on what he used to be, hes now effectively useless.

you can only build two turrets and his nades no longer hurt towers. he does fairly decent damage output IF FARMED and in most games this aint going to happen.

give up on heimer and go to veigar, anivia or annie, mourn this yordles death and move on...

better yet give up on casters and go tank or dps.

BeastKilla01

01-23-2011

Don't give up hope on heimer. he is still good if you know how to use him.