Possible fix, for launcher not starting!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aprill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-16-2012

Worked for me, hopefully it will work for everyone else.
The issue: when you click the league icon.. only the logo would load, but launcher would not start.

My Process:
First: i repaired, that did not work.
Second: deleted league and reinstalled.. still didnt work,
Third: Tried all the different suggestions in tool box.. didnt work.
Fourth: Deleted league, pando and adobe air. (make sure you go through all files that could have anything to do with league in them aswell, even though when you uninstall , it says it will remove all league files, i noticed it didnt, it also doesnt remove pando media booster or adobe air) So be sure to remove all of them! (the tool box is very specific on making sure every last folder is deleted.. delete the from your recycling bin to)

I also did a system restore today, and thought that was the issue, but looking on the forum, its highly unlikely, since hundreds of others are having the same issue, and i doubt all of us or even half of us did a system restore today.

Im hopeful this will work for many others that are still in the situation I was in.

Aprill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-16-2012

If this doesn't work, i would suggest sending in a ticket.

Laxr

08-16-2012

Launcher not starting:
1) Go to your Riot Games Folder on your harddisk, usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends
2) Open the following directory:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\[Highest Number]
3)Delete the following files:
- releasemanifest
- S_OK
4)Open the 'deploy folder'
Within this deploy folder, delete the following folders/files:
- lib (folder)
- META-INF (folder)
- mod (folder)
- lolclient.exe (file)
- lolclient.swf (file)
- locale.properties (file)
5) Restart your LoL application

My Solution to these Black Screens after Champion Selection:
1) Open League of Legends.
2) Don't press Play! Instead, go to the Options on the Top Right Corner.
3) Press Repair - This will take some time. It is worth it to give it a try while Riot is still trying to figure it out.
4) After it's done Repairing, Create a Custom Game just to see if it works and you won't get a Leave this way.

I don't know if this Repair Button is different from LeagueOfLegendsBaseNA.exe Wizard thing, but it sure helped me.

CalebMania

08-17-2012

Mine wasnt starting yesterday, but last night i did the repair thing, and now its letting me on

Aprill

Recruiter

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxr View Post
Launcher not starting:
1) Go to your Riot Games Folder on your harddisk, usually C:/Riot Games/League of Legends
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\[Highest Number]
- releasemanifest
- S_OK
- lib (folder)
- META-INF (folder)
- mod (folder)
- lolclient.exe (file)
- lolclient.swf (file)

3) Press Repair - This will take some time. It is worth it to give it a try while Riot is still trying to figure it out.
4) After it's done Repairing, Create a Custom Game just to see if it works and you won't get a Leave this way.

I don't know if this Repair Button is different from LeagueOfLegendsBaseNA.exe Wizard thing, but it sure helped me.

Thats what i tried, it never worked. ill try to put detailed instructions of deleting every last thing later!

ZiaviE

08-17-2012

happenned to me few days ago, i uninstalled lol completely. download lol client again. took 30 mins. installl it and still didnt work. i then uninstall it and install it again in dif drive. i install it in D driver instead of C drive which i had install before. after install i click on option disable peer to peer sharing file. and everytime when i loged out i have to return to main menu, exit the game before shuting down computer, havent give me prob everseen.. maybe something wrong with Riot lately.... they should fix the bug. i hope i post something useful.

Aprill

Recruiter

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiaviE View Post
happenned to me few days ago, i uninstalled lol completely. download lol client again. took 30 mins. installl it and still didnt work. i then uninstall it and install it again in dif drive. i install it in D driver instead of C drive which i had install before. after install i click on option disable peer to peer sharing file. and everytime when i loged out i have to return to main menu, exit the game before shuting down computer, havent give me prob everseen.. maybe something wrong with Riot lately.... they should fix the bug. i hope i post something useful.
so lucky it took you only 30 minutes to download.. it took me an hour each time.. ;/ so basically 3 hrs. plus when the laucher would work.. another 30 minutes for the patches! if it didnt work after the third try, i was just ready to reformat my laptop! Even though i knew the problem was on there end, for some people they were able to fix it, thought if i reformated id get lucky... would have taken hours though. Thankfully 3rd time was a charm!

JushiOhara

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxr View Post
Launcher not starting:
- releasemanifest
- S_OK
- lib (folder)
- META-INF (folder)
- mod (folder)
- lolclient.exe (file)
- lolclient.swf (file)

Repairing client didn't work for me. Tried that twice already.

KiwiMoose

08-17-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...24579#18824579
The solution posted by the red on this thread fixed my game.

ODPrince

08-17-2012

I went to C:<Riot Games:< RADS:<projects then i deleted Lol_air_client & Lol_Launcher then i reopened the game ( as admin) waited for the Lol symbol to go white ( do not click it), when it did Lol restarted repaired the Lol Launcher and patches and i was good to go :/