Solo Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonSkies

09-14-2010

As always, I clicked on the Solo Ranked with trepidation, for too often the fickle lady known as MM delighted in our woes. After a decent queue, I am summoned to the champion select screen, one among the four players whom I do not know. Would they be QQers? Would they be ragers? Or, God forbid, would they be the kind of decent teammates that make this game enjoyable?

The champions were summoned. A little something called hope crept out from murky depths; support champions were being picked, without anyone having to ask or beg. Can it be? But alas, it was down to the last player, and still two more roles have to be fulfilled. A tank. And a jungler. With bated breath, we waited for the last player to choose. Udyr! With smite! It was almost too much to ask for.

The rest of the games went by in a blur. Our team succeeded in map-hacking throughout the game, each held their own lane, and, when team fights began, everyone did their job. The tanks tanked. The support supported. And the carries focused the high-priority targets. Naturally, some mistakes were made in the game, but none to grave to stop a team working together. A surrender was tendered, and victory appeared on my screen. A great team. A good game of LoL. A good day indeed.

tl:dr: I had an amazing team in Solo Ranked. Thought I'd share it with all those having worse fates so that perhaps one day they'll run into a similarly amazing team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

I kept expecting "and then I awoke; it was all but a dream.".