Riot - 3D Character Art by Sam Yang (cgsammu)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

01-23-2013

Your skills and presentations are AMAZING. Where did you learn how to draw? ( <----- Serious Question)

I know this isn't the purpose of the thread but I am a total noob when it comes to drawing. I have no perception of space, colours, shapes or anything needed to draw well.
I have been planning for quite a long time to get myself a tutor, but my financial status and schedule can by no means support me doing it. What do you recommend I can do to get better on my own? Can someone like me become good at adult age? Is there a "ceiling" to ones potential or can one constantly improve his skills? What do you think of these? Please let me know, I've got no one to seek help from that will be sincere for free.

Thanks, great job again.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-23-2013

why no Miss fortune? she's a blast!

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Reverse Teemo, or better yet, please do Reverse Nidalee

Mad Grey Wolf

01-23-2013

cgsammu,
That ziggs model is sick!! Is that going to be a skin soon?

Leu164

01-23-2013

oh please plase mf mf mf *3* pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Cheshire Lunacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Your skills and presentations are AMAZING. Where did you learn how to draw? ( <----- Serious Question)

I know this isn't the purpose of the thread but I am a total noob when it comes to drawing. I have no perception of space, colours, shapes or anything needed to draw well.
I have been planning for quite a long time to get myself a tutor, but my financial status and schedule can by no means support me doing it. What do you recommend I can do to get better on my own? Can someone like me become good at adult age? Is there a "ceiling" to ones potential or can one constantly improve his skills? What do you think of these? Please let me know, I've got no one to seek help from that will be sincere for free.

Thanks, great job again.
every artist starts out not knowing how to draw, its a matter of how much practice got put into it at three years of age we all draw stick figures. the more practice we put in as we grow is what gives an artist what people think is natural born talent

simply put save getting a turot, they are a waste of money and will only teach you their ways of drawing, if you want to be a crazy awesome artist get a sketch book from the dollar store some penicles and what not and put time into practicing art.

don't learn art from someone else. all they can teach is you what they do, you need to learn what you do or your art will never be right to you

heck look at some peoples comics out their it is litterly stick figures and they have garnered a fan base. With stick figures

art is subjective, no one can teach you art, its something you have to put your heart into and learn your self. other then learning basic things like anatomy and basic positioning of the body there is nothing that makes on artist greater then the other. aside then one has put more effert into thier practice and the other spends all day doing nothing but playing a game or watching tv all day and not picking up a art book and pencil and practicing

so if you want to draw. practice, if you need help with anotamy lessons head to your local book emporium and pick up the basic books on human anatomy for a beginer artist

but don't go to these crazy art classess that say they will turot you in the ways of the artist

an artist carves their own history. and anything you could leanr from soem tutor you could learn ten times cheaper and ten times faster by your self from simple time and effert in practice.

that is all

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsammu View Post
Oh yeah, if you guys have any model requests, feel free to drop me a line! Let me know what you guys want to see and I'll try and make that happen as a personal art project
Could you rig Titan Ziggs up with his current animations?? Pllleeeease!!! That'd be hilarious!

Fat of the Land

01-23-2013

Wow that Titan Ziggs is boss. Can you turn it into a Wallpaper? lol

I R B GOOD YA

01-23-2013

Could you do a mock up of Runaway Bride Mundo?

Uracle

01-23-2013

I've been out of the 3d game for a while (since high school) and seeing this makes me wanna get back into it. I have a question about your process;

Do you make a low poly model base then take it into a program such as Zbrush, make the sculpt then put it back into 3DS MAX/Maya to lower the model quality a bit, add textures, etc?