Under powered Tiamat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laZboiii

08-16-2012

I don't see the Tiamat being used a lot, and maybe its because the splash is kind of under powered. Its one of those items that are kind of useless and just sitting there. No one uses them (or at least i haven't ever seen any one buy a Tiamat.) . Maybe you can increase the damage or increase the splash percentage or something to make it more useful.

Softspoken

08-16-2012

Personally I'm fine with the splash: The reason I never want to use a Tiamat is that I'm buying really weak sustain items for what is essentially an AD / unique effect item.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softspoken View Post
Personally I'm fine with the splash: The reason I never want to use a Tiamat is that I'm buying really weak sustain items for what is essentially an AD / unique effect item.
Tiamat's not a unique effect.

The problem lies in the cost. It's meant to be an item to help farming (the AoE would really work on jungle creeps), but the problem is that it costs 2k gold and doesn't build from something junglers normally pick early game. If it were made cheaper (and a bit weaker), it would be much more useful.

ImTheFBI

08-16-2012

Tiamat + Fiora ultimate is complete bull**** btw.

Thubgar

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheFBI View Post
Tiamat + Fiora ultimate is complete bull**** btw.
stop standing directly on top of each other.

that said, its hard to buff tiamat because it does have some interesting interactions. i think if they made it build from philo stone and dropped the longsword component (price adjusted accordingly), it would work.

Ez the shattered

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
stop standing directly on top of each other.

that said, its hard to buff tiamat because it does have some interesting interactions. i think if they made it build from philo stone and dropped the longsword component (price adjusted accordingly), it would work.
Or a Avarice blade.

Thubgar

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez the shattered View Post
Or a Avarice blade.
that doesnt contribute to early game survival, which is what the first bits of tiamat are trying to let you have.

IonDragonX

08-17-2012

If you were only looking at the flat +50 AD, the Tiamat is a very good item for the money. The problem is, you can't upgrade it, not even a little. The splash radius is ridiculously small, too.

How to fix it? I suggest:

Drop the Longsword, Bead and Charm from it. Add a Regrowth Pendant.
+35 AD
+15 health/5s
Same splash passive but at 175 range
Adjust the price around 1600

This would make it a jungling item that competes with Wriggle's Lantern. No armor, more AD, no lifesteal but a regen, no damage proc and no free ward but a splash that works more than makes up for it.
The lower AD would discourage stacking the thing.

If there were a Tier 3 version of the Tiamat, I would approve but would want the splash removed.