[Item Suggestion] Dragon's Eye

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

08-22-2012

I absolutely love the name "Gaze of Ebonmaw"

From a balance perspective, penetration is one of those things they're pretty careful about though, a bit like spell vamp- because it stacks. I suspect that in practice, stacking this item with Deathcap and Sorc Boots would be pretty friggin OP- that's a heck of a lot of AP and penetration all in a small package. Haunting Guise is already suprisingly good by the math- the reason people don't like it is because it doesn't upgrade: but that is one of the factors balancing it- sure you can have penetration, but it takes up an item slot that would otherwise be spec'ed for AP.

This item would be incredibly good before you even add an active to it. I was trying to think of a way to tone it down, but quite franky I can't think of anything that would bring this in line without destroying the idea completely.

GGlizer

08-22-2012

I guess the item is well balance. Most mage get a void staff to increase magic damage and this item can do do that and bring a future haunting gize! Maybe I would chance to +100 AP and reduce the cost, but "Gaze of Ebonmaw" bring a alternative do old known Deathfire Grasp in damage burst.

KobaltKode

08-22-2012

I think this would out date void staff and make sorc/abyssal/guise the standard. Given a high MR build [120+ MR] the separation of advantage for void staff is about 10 penetration. You would never have a reason to grab void staff especially considering that abyssal/guise would be the tankier option. not to mention that sorcs, your item and runes would keep your damage true against most carries throughout the entire game.

tralfalmadorian

11-07-2012

I see this item as an alternative to voidstaff, as flat and % pen dont work well together. This would cause an ap build with sorc ebon and abyssal causing the early game tanky assasin builds to scale into the mid to late game...I like it.

WalktoEarth

11-08-2012

Im agree about the upgrade for the Haunting Guise and this idea sounds pretty cool.
But I have to say, I'm disagree with that active I normally build Annie with MPen and she does a lot of damage if we add this active that would be completely unbalanced.

IonDragonX

11-08-2012

This could be the last remnant of Ebonmaw that remains in the game. RIP

Shaco3Rasch

11-09-2012

This item is really nice, but personally i would change the active a bit like this:
Unique Active: Mark's a target enemy champion for death for 4 seconds, increasing all magical damage done to targeted champion by 10% (+1% per 100 Ability Power). 90 Second Cooldown.
How do think of that?