[Item Suggestion] Dragon's Eye

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ülin

08-16-2012

So since Baron Nashor has an item (Nashor's Tooth) I felt it was only right that we give dragon an item as well.

Since Haunting Guise is a great early/mid game item, I feel that it needs an upgrade path that would help caster's a little bit more toward end game, since haunting guise falls off by late game once opponent's start building MR. Here is what I came up with.

Item: Eye of Ebonmaw

Tier: Legendary

Recipe:

Haunting Guise (1485g)
Needlessly Large Rod (1600g)
Combine Cost (515g)

Total 3600g

Effects:

+120 AP (+15 from combine)
+300 Health (+100 from combine)
Unique Passive: +30 Magic Pen (+10 from combine)
Unique Active: Mark's a target enemy champion for death for 4 seconds, increasing all damage done to targeted champion by 10% (+1% per 100 Ability Power). 90 Second Cooldown.

Disclaimer:

These values can be changed a little bit based on internal testing and balancing. I feel it shouldn't stack with Haunting Guise, but again that would be up to testing to determine.

Why this works:

Well, I personally feel that Haunting Guise should have an upgrade path. It's a good item early/mid, but falls off kinda hard late game so it's usually sold for raw AP later in the game. PLUS, Needlessly Large Rod is only built into 2 items...Rabadon's and Hourglass. I feel it needs a third choice.

With the active from this item, it gives more incentive to buy it for early/mid game and gives it a late game active that would help any burst champion hit harder to take down someone who has built a bit of MR. It doesn't counter a heavy MR build, but it helps to deal more damage to someone with heavy MR.

I think the active from the item should have a particle like the Eye of Saron from Lord of the Rings where a giant Red Eye (Dragon's Eye) appears above the target. This would be a great item for the AP carry to put on the champion that should be brought down first, or one that's hard to take down that needs to go down.

This is like a single target vlad ult that doesn't deal damage. It wouldn't stack on the target obvy. So that gives it incentive to only be bought by one champ, the AP caster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
The Dragon on Twisted Treeline is named Ebonmaw, and as such his name should be featured in such an item.

The Eye of Ebonmaw is appealing, although the Lord of the Rings kind of has a monopoly on "eye of" type names.
^ Changed

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Well, that active is definitely powerful, in addition to the MPen. However, considering the stats are pretty well balanced for it (about 450 gold short of efficient for those effects), I'd say it's not a bad idea.

Nea De Penserhir

08-16-2012

Feels like a gigantic stat stick that everyone would build in addition to Rabadoodles.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-16-2012

The Dragon on Twisted Treeline is named Ebonmaw, and as such his name should be featured in such an item.

The Eye of Ebonmaw is appealing, although the Lord of the Rings kind of has a monopoly on "eye of" type names.

Ro0ki

08-17-2012

Quote:
How abt "Axiom of Ebonmaw"

Axiom can mean the truth of something

edit: but i think what we need is an AP item with MS. cux lich bane isnt really viable for many mages who needs ap like ainne or fiddle

Ülin

08-21-2012

Quote:

I like that! Changing name now

Ülin

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Feels like a gigantic stat stick that everyone would build in addition to Rabadoodles.
That's kind of the point. I'm saying that Rabadon's is basically a REQUIRED item at some point in the game for burst casters.

Why not give them a second option instead of cookie cutting rabadon's?

AD carries have a choice between going IE/PD first or BT/PD first depending on how the AD carry deals damage the best (abilities/straight up autos)

Uberwitz

08-21-2012

This might be the first item suggestion I'm seeing as actually balanced, although it real testing could possibly prove otherwise. 30 mag pen + 20 from sorc shoes + 40% from void staff could be potentially team destroying, considering spells can be AoE. I mean, think of Amumu with this kind of build. His passive, with this item and other items that destroy MR like Abyssal scepter and Void staff, his ult hits hard on most targets already.

35 (passive) + 20 (sorc shoes) + 30 (Eye of Ebonmaw) + 20 (Abyssal) = 105 raw magic pen not to mention runes, then another 40% from void staff? Obviously this is kinda the perfect storm example, and I'm not ****ing the item because of this. It's just a thought. (God forbid Xerath during Locus decide to use an ability....)

Edit : I just remembered the active, dear god run from Amumu forever

Lazreal

08-21-2012

This Upgrade sounds really good, especially for mages that are short range, like Vlad, Ruble, and DIana.

How about Gaze of Ebonmaw

so it explains what the activate is with more flavor.

I Love Slurpees

08-22-2012

If you would like to know why this item would be severly unfair all I have to say is Vladimir.

+35 from amumus passive
+20 from boots
+20 from abyssal
+10 from marks
+30 from the item

115 magic pen, Amumu could literally jump into the fight and carry his team before they got there