Nocturne is weak in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDA

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
lol wtf

Okay so I land my Q, my W blocks a spell, my fear goes off, and I stick to them auto attacking and can never kill anybody. Even people with less than half health.

His numbers are OFF.
AD steroid, Attack Speed Steroid, Passive Pseudo-Steroid, CC, Movement Speed Buff. Hell yeah his numbers are off. It's you bro.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Nocturne is actually quite strong. He has so many built in steroids and buffs, he can build a lot of ways and still be really effective. You just have to learn how to manage his cooldowns, and when to disengage so they can refresh.

I don't play him a ton, but he's the only thing my girlfriend ever plays, in like 800 or so dominion games. If she can do well with a char, there's something good about it.

lbgsloan

08-17-2012

Noc needs to be extremely aware of what his opponents are building. He's a massive damage threat due to all his free damage and AS, so people may counter-build for him earlier than usual. Know when to build him for damage, and when to tank up.

Shabaten

08-17-2012

The one reason why i think nocturne is bad in dominion is that he is a very slow champion

reticuli

08-17-2012

I still can't 1v1 anyone. I'm not doing anything wrong I'm even going bot and farming well.

His damage output is too low, I get stomped by even soraka for crying out loud. Instantly silenced, out heals my dps, runs away casting aoe while I chase being too slow even on the Q path and get pwned.

Like every single encounter it is obvious to me there is something wrong with his damage output. I land my skills, I stick to them and melee, and hit after hit is just pitiful damage.

FDA

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
I still can't 1v1 anyone. I'm not doing anything wrong I'm even going bot and farming well.

His damage output is too low, I get stomped by even soraka for crying out loud. Instantly silenced, out heals my dps, runs away casting aoe while I chase being too slow even on the Q path and get pwned.

Like every single encounter it is obvious to me there is something wrong with his damage output. I land my skills, I stick to them and melee, and hit after hit is just pitiful damage.
I prefer zeal over phage myself, but both options are there for a cheap tool to chase people with depending on your build path. For sticking to people Ghostblade works wonders as well.

E is great, but it requires you to be at least as fast as your opponent for best results, so you absolutely need to either build enough speed that you can Auto Attack while keeping up with the target, or continually slow them.

*edit* P.S. Soraka is a champ when it comes to kiting and dpsing people while out sustaining them, you said you're not doing anything wrong, but just picking a fight with her when your build lacks the means to put up a chase is doing it wrong.

reticuli

08-17-2012

Okay so for example this happened today. Diana was capping our point alone, I ult to her, fear her, and use my W. The entire time the tower is hitting her, and I'm hitting her with melee.

She comes out of my CC to instantly burst me down, and runs away with %60 hp.

Every champion encounter is just like this, completely one sided.

Elalya

08-17-2012

Go watch Panzerz play him a bit.

irott

08-17-2012

Soraka is one of the stronger bot champs, of course you get beat by her. There is no reason to chase her as she runs away spamming Q and healing. You just need to poke her away from her minions and then go back and heal/buy items.

Diana is also a very strong bot with her shield and burst.

I have actually noticed Noc to be a very poor 1v1 champ on Dom. He functions much better as a cleanup player. Waiting for a good portion of the burst to be applied by your team and then picking off those with low health. Much like akali.

jremmons

08-17-2012

gogo Panzerzs gogo Panzerzs go!