League of Legends Champions Retrospective

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giga Crush

08-16-2012

Am I the only one that thinks Brandon always looks completely baked in these vids?

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

DIVERSITY!

*note: all female champions may be tittymonsters

DevilOfSadness

08-16-2012

My dream is to work at Riot

PsychedelicArrow

08-16-2012

HEHEHHE They mentioned Nocturne!

Korusho

08-16-2012

Insane is a good word, considering its rare, very rare, that Riot comes out with a champion that doesn't have a "do all the things" kit.

ploki122

08-16-2012

First of all, I would like to say thank you and congratulation to all Rioters that works on the champions (others too, but get your own video ). I've already said it to some personally, for example CertainlyT whose devotion toward his 2 champs are really awesome... I mean he keeps on following the discussions to make sure that his information is up-to-date, right, and understood he also look around the bug reports to mention when the "bugs" are as intended or in they're not, what status the bug is in (fixed, working on it, Soon(tm)). So yeah... basically, great work to all designers (and artist... and especially vfx guys like Bitsplosion and DudeBro who lack manpower).

However, there is 1 thing that I hoped to hear in that topic and the intro mislead me into thinking it was included :

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
Your passion fuels our own, and we learn a lot from your forum discussions and heated battles on the Fields of Justice.
I honestly thought that you would take a public stance on the Champion Concept forum and say how much it is used, or if it isn't, just say it... Also, I would've liked to know the exact reason it isn't used more/less than it currently is (but I guess "more", since afaik it really isn't used for much more than not cluttering GD).

P.s. I love how Morello was easily recognizable by his voice the second we heard him... However, I would've like to have the other employees tagged with their names AND alias...

EDIT : and I have to agree... nice splash tease...

Korusho

08-16-2012

Sigh, and another post. I think there is a serious disconnect between the character design team and the live team. The champions that they speak of in this video, they rarely... come to play as they look like. In the animations, sure, but making an animation fitting a champion and making a kit that makes sense are two very different things.

Blaine Tog

08-16-2012

This was really cool! Thanks for doing this sort of thing. It's really nice to see companies take the time to "slum it" like this. ^_^

Mango027

08-16-2012

Diversity = not a single black champion

FrozenSCV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Hey give us more stuff like this, I love behind the scenes videos and hearing how people come up with their thoughts.