Question about Lanes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primarck

08-16-2012

Ok, have played on and off for a few years now, nothing serious at all yet, but I had a question.

I have friends who play a bit more regularly, and play some ranked games and such, but no one has ever fully explained why things go where.

Why certain classes, or roles are built for each lane? Why solo top, and not solo bottom?

Basically, since the map is the same on both sides, why does top lane differ from bottom land in all the guides and such?

P.

ProPlayerEd

08-16-2012

Quote:
Why solo top, and not solo bottom?
The reason theres 2 at the bottom is for Dragon control. You want to have the most amount of your team there to get and/or defend Dragon.

Quote:
Basically, since the map is the same on both sides, why does top lane differ from bottom land in all the guides and such?
Actually the Buffs are opposite places ( Red is at the top and bot ) and theres a Tri-Bush at the top lane for Red team while a Tri-bush on the bottom for Blue team. They can be different places to put wards to secure your safety.

I don't know if this info is good but it's what I know ( And it maybe wrong :P )

GL and HF Fellow Summoner

GenghisX

08-16-2012

You have two long lanes (top and bottom) and a short lane (middle). Current theory is:

AP/AD Bruiser type top
Pure AP mid
Support/AD Carry bot

You have a Bruiser top because top lane is very isolated. It's a long lane so ganks are much more of a threat than in mid and you don't have a second player there to help you. So characters with good survivability, good pokes, and preferably an escape really shine here.

Mid is a shorter lane so you put your ap here because most of them don't have very good escapes and it's harder to gank (because it's short).

AD Carries scale mostly on their gear (over level) and so they aren't hurt as much being paired with a lane partner. Also, many ADCs have a weak escape or no escape. So you put them there with a support to babysit and keep them alive while they rack up gold.

Hope that helps.