Thought on Gold/10 change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfDrDeath

08-16-2012

What if the current G/10 items gave less passive gold gain, but also a bit of gold for each minion that dies near the bearer of the item if he/she did not last-hit the minion? The numbers should be balanced in such a way that the support would get roughly the same or maybe even a little bit more gold.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Now you can be a dumb of farming and have as many as gold than everyone.
LOL

Llanite

08-16-2012

I would have a new idea.

Reword the GP5 mastery to reduce the price of wards by 30 or 35g, making it cheaper so they can spend their gold somewhere else.

Akira Kid41

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
I would have a new idea.

Reword the GP5 mastery to reduce the price of wards by 30 or 35g, making it cheaper so they can spend their gold somewhere else.
I think they should make that a unique champion passive. It offers a lot of depth for a character concept, and makes for a unique ability. The current g/5 meta is good right now. It just gives certain champions a different route to be used, and it does it well.

Discept

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machii View Post
I think they should make that a unique champion passive. It offers a lot of depth for a character concept, and makes for a unique ability. The current g/5 meta is good right now. It just gives certain champions a different route to be used, and it does it well.
Yeah I'm not really a fan of seeing a top laner have 3 GP/10s. I want that stuff kept support.

With the new GP booty plundered type thing, you can see how long GP/10's take to pay themselves off, I believe it's somewhere around 28 minutes after purchasing for HoG. 26 for Philo, prior these times were HALVED. I think the nerf to GP/5 to GP/10 was effing ridiculous.

ProfDrDeath

08-16-2012

Should've added that it only works in a defined radius around the champion.

To balance it, the numbers needed to be something like 1.5-2.5 gold per minion (atm, G/10 give 5 gold per 10 seconds. If they took it down to maybe 2 gold per 10 seconds, a champion that did not last hit anything would have to get 9 gold in 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds, a minion wave with 6-7 minions spawns. Considering 6 minions as the normal amount, it would have to be exactly 1.5 gold per minion. Rounded up to 2 gold per minion)

Or, maybe the first gold item could give 3 gold/minion, and each gold item afterwards only the 1.5 gold/minion (to prevent an overly snowballing effect).

TealNinje

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discept View Post
Yeah I'm not really a fan of seeing a top laner have 3 GP/10s. I want that stuff kept support.

With the new GP booty plundered type thing, you can see how long GP/10's take to pay themselves off, I believe it's somewhere around 28 minutes after purchasing for HoG. 26 for Philo, prior these times were HALVED. I think the nerf to GP/5 to GP/10 was effing ridiculous.
Holy Misinformation, Batman.

Gold items were ALWAYS measured in per 10 seconds, and have been 5 gold per 10 seconds for as long as I've been playing (which is two years or more, incidentally.) The nerfs that I remember were making it a unique passive across all gold items, and then buffing it to be a unique passive across identical gold items. There were many minor nerfs to the gold item stats, but never to the gold per stat itself.

On a separate note: I love gold items, but I hate that the meta forces the "support" player (who may or may not want to play support) to have to buy gold items and are forced to use their only source of income on buying wards. Maybe if Riot made it so each ward purchased in a 3 minute time frame by the same person increased the cost of the consecutive wards for that player by 50% for 3 minutes. It would mean that maintaining full vision with wards would be impossible for just the support, and the carry would also have to buy wards to maintain the vision.

In practice, this would be 75 gold for one ward, 113 gold for the second ward, 150 gold for the third ward, and 188 gold for the fourth ward, for a total of 526 gold for a set of 4 wards over 6 minutes. Obviously a Support wouldn't be able to do that, but if they split the cost with the carry it'd be 376 total gold instead for that same set of 4. You could still prioritize getting the carry farm, but that would be hurting the support by a huge amount.

GrimoireM

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
What if the current G/10 items gave less passive gold gain, but also a bit of gold for each minion that dies near the bearer of the item if he/she did not last-hit the minion? The numbers should be balanced in such a way that the support would get roughly the same or maybe even a little bit more gold.
That sort of effect makes more sense as a champion passive. I was considering it on a Support/Assassin concept with a merchant theme, actually.

Iliketurtle

08-18-2012

we need more 5 per 10 items