AP Casters movement speed options are almost non-existant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-16-2012

It would be nice if we had more movespeed boosting items for AP casters besides just lichbane or if lichbane could get a small buff to its movespeed and ap.

80 AP to 100 7% movespeed to 8%

AP casters have access to one movespeed item outside of boots.

AD carries have access to 2 and bruisers have access to even more.

Trinity Force, Phantom Dancer, Zeal, FoN, Shurelia's, and ghost blade.

Now while you have no restrictions from building these items on an AP caster I don't see what good will come of having items like this on someone who is an AP Caster.

It would be nice to get more options for them. Perhaps an upgraded version of moonflair spell blade and a buff to Lichbane to not only give more options but also make these items more attractive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Movespeed options are supposed to be limited for mages. That is why Riot scrapped the Haunting Guise rework.

Casting spells in general involves less risk than auto-attacking. Auto-attacks usually have lower range, and they require the champion to sit in one place or at least restrict their movement quite frequently. Considering that mages inherently involve lower risk than ranged ad carries, bruisers, and tanks; and futher considering that mages have very strong defense+ap itemization to ensure that they survive for their next combo; there is no reason to give mages a better movespeed item.

Lichebane's movespeed in particular makes sense because it "encourages" mages to start using their auto-attack more frequently in combat; thereby increasing their risk in combat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Movespeed options are supposed to be limited for mages. That is why Riot scrapped the Haunting Guise rework.

Casting spells in general involves less risk than auto-attacking. Auto-attacks usually have lower range, and they require the champion to sit in one place or at least restrict their movement quite frequently. Considering that mages inherently involve lower risk than ranged ad carries, bruisers, and tanks; and futher considering that mages have very strong defense+ap itemization to ensure that they survive for their next combo; there is no reason to give mages a better movespeed item.

Lichebane's movespeed in particular makes sense because it "encourages" mages to start using their auto-attack more frequently in combat; thereby increasing their risk in combat.
I don't see how there is less risk in casting than there is auto attacking unless you are talking about long range poke. Which again my aim was mainly at melee caster not ranged caster if you read everything i posted. Auto attack don't have cooldowns and thus in most cases have less risk if you mess them up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
I don't see how there is less risk in casting than there is auto attacking unless you are talking about long range poke. Which again my aim was mainly at melee caster not ranged caster if you read everything i posted. Auto attack don't have cooldowns and thus in most cases have less risk if you mess them up.
An RADC whit 1 speed item is as fast as a mage whit 1 speed item.
But Fighters, that are inhately faster than both, need to be able to catch them, so is logic they have more options to speed up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llanite

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Movespeed options are supposed to be limited for mages. That is why Riot scrapped the Haunting Guise rework.

Casting spells in general involves less risk than auto-attacking. Auto-attacks usually have lower range, and they require the champion to sit in one place or at least restrict their movement quite frequently. Considering that mages inherently involve lower risk than ranged ad carries, bruisers, and tanks; and futher considering that mages have very strong defense+ap itemization to ensure that they survive for their next combo; there is no reason to give mages a better movespeed item.

Lichebane's movespeed in particular makes sense because it "encourages" mages to start using their auto-attack more frequently in combat; thereby increasing their risk in combat.
I disagree.

Some casters have relatively poor range and movement speed is crucial (Annie, Ryze, Swain,..) Even some with longer range but no escape tool, MS is also valuable (lux, anvia,...)

On the other hands, some AD/Bruiser already have a lot of mobility (shaco, vayne with stealth, Xin, Talon with gap closer, Corki, Graves with their flash-like jupm,...) And yet they have access to MS booster. There is just no way you can chase them nor get them off in a gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
I disagree.

Some casters have relatively poor range and movement speed is crucial (Annie, Ryze, Swain,..) Even some with longer range but no escape tool, MS is also valuable (lux, anvia,...)
Notice something about your own examples:
-Annie: Stun, Armor+Magic Resistance buff, you can skip away after casting.
-Ryze: Medium range (at least still longer than most ranged auto-attacks), snare. Walk away.
-Lux: Long range, bubble, snare, walk away.
Notice something? Ranged ad carries have to stand there attacking. Most mages would be ridiculous with much extra movement because they can already give themselves a large "head-start" getting away anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llanite View Post
On the other hands, some AD/Bruiser already have a lot of mobility (shaco, vayne with stealth, Xin, Talon with gap closer, Corki, Graves with their flash-like jupm,...) And yet they have access to MS booster. There is just no way you can chase them nor get them off in a gank.
Melee champions tend to have those out of necessity, as it doesn't make sense to play a melee champion without a chance of reaching your opponents.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Discept

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
It would be nice if we had more movespeed boosting items for AP casters besides just lichbane or if lichbane could get a small buff to its movespeed and ap.

80 AP to 100 7% movespeed to 8%

AP casters have access to one movespeed item outside of boots.

AD carries have access to 2 and bruisers have access to even more.

Trinity Force, Phantom Dancer, Zeal, FoN, Shurelia's, and ghost blade.

Now while you have no restrictions from building these items on an AP caster I don't see what good will come of having items like this on someone who is an AP Caster.

It would be nice to get more options for them. Perhaps an upgraded version of moonflair spell blade and a buff to Lichbane to not only give more options but also make these items more attractive.
Attack Damage champs were given movespeed on items; things like Zeal and PD due to the fact that the players couldn't orbwalk for **** making them sit back at maximum range before moving up again. Making it almost impossible to fight, you don't see the same necessity for casters. Casters can wreck **** without moving around due to their utility. Most AD ranged have some sort of passive that assists this too, MF's strut, Vayne's, Sivir's, and Ashe has a buttload of slows to make up for any MS. Mage's don't even rely on this **** remotely.

WhatisthisIdon'teven.