Help with ganking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varu

11-12-2009

So, I'm a fairly new player and I guess I don't quite understand the notion of 'ganking'. I usually play Annie whom, apparently, is a great ganking character, however, I'm a bit confused on what 'ganking' means and better yet, how to effectively do it. In other words, when will I know when it's a good opportunity to gank someone? I know this is a somewhat rudimentary concept of the game, but obviously I'm not grasping the idea of it, no matter how easy it should be to do so. If you guys could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry if this strategy is outlined somewhere on these forums, but I did some quick searching around in various topics and didn't see it. And considering I'm at work and shouldn't even be perusing video game-related forums, I opted for the next best alternative; asking the question myself, heh. Thanks dudes and dudettes.

Varu

Iskar

11-12-2009

Ganking is simply when you leave your lane to go try to kill an enemy hero by surprise.

Good opportunities to gank include:

1. You know where a jungler character is.
2. The enemy pushes too far in a lane
3. Low health heroes with no escape mechanisms

These are just a few of the most basic chances to gank, but they are also the most common.

With Annie, my recommendation would be to load up your Stun to 4x stacks, then proceed to run in, drop all of your nukes, and laugh at their burning corpse. Make sure to get the stun from Tibbers.

Or you could just play Kassadin.. since he pulls ganks out of nowhere.

Wildspeaker

11-12-2009

well, i know the term , and , when someone call a gank , i simply run to kill the enemy hero

or try to set a trap , like , hiding in the brushes and wait to strike, Debuff enemy , like stuns and slow spells, or simple do pure damage on it, when calls for a push , i usualy kill enemy minios to outrun the turret, and ignoring the enemy champions , destroy a turret

well, i guess gank is simple, lets kill that one , or , push that lane

Varu

11-12-2009

Quote:
Ganking is simply when you leave your lane to go try to kill an enemy hero by surprise.

Good opportunities to gank include:

1. You know where a jungler character is.
2. The enemy pushes too far in a lane
3. Low health heroes with no escape mechanisms

These are just a few of the most basic chances to gank, but they are also the most common.

With Annie, my recommendation would be to load up your Stun to 4x stacks, then proceed to run in, drop all of your nukes, and laugh at their burning corpse. Make sure to get the stun from Tibbers.

Or you could just play Kassadin.. since he pulls ganks out of nowhere.
Oh, okay, that seems simple enough. For some reason, I was making the concept out to be more difficult than it really was/is. Thanks for the clarification dude. I'll try out that strategy with Annie and see how it all plays out. Or, hell, I may just give Kassadin a try. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildspeaker View Post
when someone call a gank , i simply run to kill the enemy hero
I'll remember that, hah. Again, it sounds like the idea of ganking is pretty simple as both of you guys have stated. Hopefully now that I better understand it, I'll be able to actually do something useful when someone keeps yelling for a gank, haha.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varu View Post
Oh, okay, that seems simple enough. For some reason, I was making the concept out to be more difficult than it really was/is. Thanks for the clarification dude. I'll try out that strategy with Annie and see how it all plays out. Or, hell, I may just give Kassadin a try. heh
The lich needs to channel for 3 seconds for his global nuke, so a tiny bit of situational awareness is necessary. If you're being harassed hard, you might not be able to do it. If you're out of mana, no dice. If you don't hear about the low-hp enemy until they're already healing, you won't be able to do it. So on and so forth.

Quote:
I'll remember that, hah. Again, it sounds like the idea of ganking is pretty simple as both of you guys have stated. Hopefully now that I better understand it, I'll be able to actually do something useful when someone keeps yelling for a gank, haha.
Ping the minimap. Respond to pings.