Akali mains: some help, pretty please? :3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ur little sister

08-15-2012

I'm looking into your lovely champion right there. I love assassins in general, but Akali's one I haven't picked up much yes. Now, being an avid Katarina player, I know how much effort it tends to take to actually get quality information, so I thought why not just ask you guys?

Specific stuff I'm interested in knowing:

- Rune & Mastery setups
So a lot of it seems to revolve around getting double passive @ lvl 1. However, if I'm not mistaking there are a couple of ways of doing this, and I'd just like to know how you go about it.
Also, it seems logical to take 21/9/0 masteries, but I'm seeing some variations in the 21 in offense thing. Some players take both the armor pen and spellpen masteries, others go more standard offensive mage. Have you guys tested out the difference?

- Itemization
This is a major issue. As far as I can see, there are a lot of different item routes Akali can take (I believe the 2 main routes people take are either Gblade first or Rylai first, but I'm not convinced those are the only 2 routes she has availabel). How do you guys go about it? I can see so many items working in so many different ways for her, that testing it all would take a long time.

- Lane
Top or mid? Is she viable in both? Is either of them A LOT better for her as a champion? (I know what it does team-comp wise )

Thank you in advance! I would also appreciate it if you could give me the reasoning behind your choices (seeing as I know from experience how unreliable these advices get), or maybe give me some source where I could check up on good Kat play/guides. Maybe some high ELO Akali mains?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

08-15-2012

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/akali/8...e/introduction

the most current and best akali guide you can find, id like to point out tho that at IPL faceoff he chose to go for the sorc boots and got GA after deathcap in that build. id say rylais if there not focusing you or GA if they are and mercs vs sorcs is obvious