am I the only one mildly disappointed by AS's performance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ram9n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

I have been following all the games for the first 10 minutes and then decided which game I wanted to continue to watch full screen.

After CLG vs. SK was finished i switched to AS vs CH and after having seen them laning in earlier games (CH did well against SK and AS didnt get stomped extremly hard early vs CLG) I have to say that that I haven't expected play as bad as I am now seeing. There are some serious issues with decision making on AS's part.

I know that a decision made under pressure is never a perfect one, but seeing how Blitzcrank constantly pulls Garen and gets raped makes me a sad panda. Also Warwicks ultimates belong to the worst I have seen in my last 500 games. I've watched the RoC games and all the players praised iceiceice for being such a good DotA player but it seems as if he hasn't understood that there are no extreme hard carrys in LoL (talking about his 1on5 attempt after 50 minutes).

But it goes on and on, they continue to fail at running away from lizard buff Ashe and don't even try to deal damage, resulting in their death and 0 damage dealt.

I've read a lot of comments like "uh, but they only have had the game for a few weeks", but I believe they have been playing on the US/EU servers since release, haven't they?

Basist

10-01-2010

46 minion kill Taric and Blitz only having frozen heart for defense even until the very end was the problem right there.

Chakki

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
46 minion kill Taric and Blitz only having frozen heart for defense even until the very end was the problem right there.
*Taric goes to do Wolf camp*
*500 CS Miss Fortune takes every creep kill*

Hey buddy, you can't get more than 1 of each elixir on you.

They should've realized that all of them needed CS, not just MF and xin. Also, they epically failed fights lategame.

Basist

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekyzz View Post
*Taric goes to do Wolf camp*
*500 CS Miss Fortune takes every creep kill*

Hey buddy, you can't get more than 1 of each elixir on you.

They should've realized that all of them needed CS, not just MF and xin. Also, they epically failed fights lategame.
Epically doesn't describe it. EVERY fight after the 40 minute mark they all bunched up and got Galio ult pwn'd, even MF.

Olymp1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram9n View Post
I've read a lot of comments like "uh, but they only have had the game for a few weeks", but I believe they have been playing on the US/EU servers since release, haven't they?
no, they haven't. They were region blocked since February until they got their own server.

djudjud14

10-01-2010

only some of the members played LoL when US/EU didn't have the IP block ( i believe only 3 members have played LoL while the other 2 are just completely new)
when servers started IP blocking, they stopped playing the game.
you also need to know that 4 members of AS are pro dota players ( from 2 different teams ) who compete on dota leagues/tournaments so LoL is not their main focus.

i'm not disappointed at AS, more disappointed at Garena.
no surprise that they're going to get outplayed and outpicked every single game. stupid garena for inviting inexperience teams to compete in such a huge event.