Counters to Fizz/how to play against him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swiftblood

08-15-2012

Personally I almost never mid and have never come against a fizz mid when i do. But for my own preference just incase and for me to help my random teammates out id like to know ways to counter him/play against him as mid. I have never once come across a fizz that ever did bad in a game and tends to always be a major problem and dont just say build MAGIC RESISTANCE GG NOOB. I do build magic resistance when I see any ap rolling, but I'd prefer to see him atleast maintained at the same feed level as everyone else. Currently in elo hell which doesnt help - I have 12 ranked solo wins in a row trying to climb out now. 900 elo ftl :'(

Kreyni

08-15-2012

I'd say,

1) Someone who can outsustain him like passive Vlad (Trollpool can dodge his ult and frustrate Fizz players who are used to being the only one with Trollpole).
2) Another assassin who can do just as much damage to him when he comes off his pole. I have a lot of trouble against Akali and Talon.
3) Pushers, a lot of Fizz's power comes from snowballing from ganks. If he goes to gank and you're Morgana, own his turret while he's off.
4) People who punish him for being too close, as in Ryze.

Swiftblood

08-15-2012

any advice i could throw at someone if they dont listen to my pick suggestionsmoreso than just push when hes in another lane?

AlphariusRising

08-15-2012

Ryze is probably the strongest vs Fizz, Morde, Akali, and Galio all do very well too.

If you can't get a counterpick suggest that they bait out his stupid dodge thing that everyone hates before dumping their combo on him/going in for the gank.

Rpture Jarvan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

If you never play mid, and decide to randomly try a champ to counter fizz, if he's any good, he will still destroy u.
Counterpicking still requires skilled knowledge of the champ you are using.
Ryze supposedly counters fizz, but everytime I've played fizz vs ryze, I've sh*t on him, I assume becausse they heard he's a counter yet have little experience playing ryze.

Just my 2cents tho

Led Disciple

08-15-2012

I consider myself a very experienced Fizz player, facing Ryze, Lux, Yorick, and "counters" to Fizz on mid. So I figured that it would help if I told you how I played Fizz, and you could counter him such.

1. If I don't get kills on mid, even if I play aggressively, I tend to "roam" (go to other lanes) for kills and assists but in a fashion as to not allow my tower to fall
2. Fizz is a very strong player IF he is fed, otherwise its all about playing smart and getting the first kill on him, not having Fizz getting the kill on you.
3. DEFINITELY CALL MIAS, as I said in rule 1, we will roam (most likely any other Fizz player) if we aren't getting kills, so make sure you know your map awareness and in this case, pings are your best friend. =)
4. Lastly, I do a pretty hard combo with Fizz that can almost garuntee a kill, I use my ultimate (Chum the Waters) and then Playful/Trickster towards my opponent, as the splash hits them, does damage, then use my W (Seastone Trident) and Q (Urchin Strike) and as the ultimate hits, I ignite as well. The overall combo takes about 3 seconds to complete if done correctly. THE KEY TO COUNTER THIS? = DON'T GET HIS BY CHUM THE WATERS AS YOU WILL BE SLOWED SO FLASH OUT!

Hope this helps! Happy Gaming.

~ Led Disciple

Treza

08-15-2012

when i play against fizz i usually just try to avoid engaging him unless im 100% sure hes not a threat, otherwise i just ignore him and wait for the team fighting phase and beat him there. my only goal when laning against him is to out farm him and force him to stay at his turret the best i can

FraggingBard

08-15-2012

When in doubt, play defensively. Let the minions push to under your turret and just sit there (Turret inside of Flash range is usually a good way to stay alive), don't engage at low HP since he'll do bonus damage with his Q. Focus on last hitting and throwing in the odd nuke as harass, take him when you know you can kill him quickly. Stuns are good, slows are okay. Remember that he has no ranged attacks so if you have some space between you and him, then he won't be able to touch you (his W has some range but not enough to be a threat if playing smart).

For instance, if I'm Annie, I'm going to let him push the minion wave and use my Q to last hit. Every now and then I'll throw a Q his way, but more to keep him low. As soon as I hit 6 (I'll have Q, W, E, W, W, R), I'll build up my stun to 3 ranks, then Flash/R onto him, Q, W. If I have ignite then I'll throw that on to, but I like Flash/TP for spells, makes life easier knowing you can recall/TP to get HP back if you're in trouble and your tower won't suffer.

As a bonus, if your lane is pushed towards you, their jungler is going to have a harder time ganking and your jungler will find it easier. That and Ward, Ward, Ward. Just having two wards on the map (bushes outside of Dragon and Baron) can give you a basic idea as to where everyone is. If Fizz has left his lane but hasn't gone past the wards, then he's either at Blue or in the bushes waiting for you. If he's gone past one, then dropping a ping on him should alert your teammates to his presence (having called mia initially of course, this just updates everyone as to where he is) and allows you to push your lane hard and get in a few hits on his tower before pulling back to yours.

tl;dr

Play safe, it helps