To all "Where is my black champion" threads.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post
Just google racist video games. I did. Some of the accusations are shocking. Here are some:

Mario
Street fighter
Grand theft auto
Pokemon
Scribblenauts
Mike Tysons Punch out
Donkey Kong
Resident Evil 5
Left 4 Dead 2
Red Dead

Seriously? I hope some of those surprise you. L4D2 was called racist only because it portrayed black zombies. Uhhh? Only white people can be zombies now? The same goes for RE5.

Even more ridiculous are some of my favorite games. World of Warcraft, Diablo 2 and 3... all called racist.

WoW- Because the dark skins tones "dont look black enough"
D2- They had to add a black character in an expansion because they arent good enough to be in the main game
D3- The Witch Doctor is insulting (Even though it is an amazing class)

Those are things I have actually heard..Seriously? MARIO IS RACIST?
mario had a black face fish once i think
grand theft auto encourages you to do bad things to cubans
street fighter has a white american-japanese hero with a russian villain cast. All darkskin characters are stereotypes of some sort.
witch doctor is a type of shaman, if it wasnta subclass of shaman I can see the issue

Axeoth

08-16-2012

" Don't be racist. Be like Mario. He's an Italian plumber created by Japanese people who speaks English and looks like a Mexican.
And runs like a jamaican
and jumps like a black man
And grabs coins like a Jew "

Not the creator of this joke i have gotten it from the following :
http://memerial.net/2762-be-like-mario

Evolnemesis

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
mario had a black face fish once i think
grand theft auto encourages you to do bad things to cubans
street fighter has a white american-japanese hero with a russian villain cast. All darkskin characters are stereotypes of some sort.
witch doctor is a type of shaman, if it wasnta subclass of shaman I can see the issue
And yet, despite all these things, the companies that make those games are not generally known as racist companies, and they did not stop those games from becoming some of the most successful games of all time, among all demographic groups of gamers... people compaining about trivial stuff that is not meant to be offensive will always just be that small fraction of people who just like to complain, and anyone with any sense will ignore them.

jazzanova

08-16-2012

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/ar...sfb_dudley.jpg this is the black champ we need.

Dr Fuzzy Gloves

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Armor0 View Post
Darius could not have been black because, lore-wise, he's swain's toady which would have been too reminiscent of slavery.
Garen could not have been black because see above, but replace swain with Jarvan IV.
Varus could not be because he looks almost demonic, are you saying black people are the devil?
Teemo couldn't have been black because he's bipolar (if you read his lore) and one of the most annoying champs in the game...are you saying black people are bipolar/annoying?

Note: I do not personally make any of those arguments, but I guarantee someone will. That's the problem. No matter what the black champion does, someone will find a way to make it racist.
while a few of these points are quite true, and there will be that handful of people that claim these, ironically, why not have swain or jarvan IV be black then, both with no masters?

Geet

08-16-2012

I see it now... "Andre, the noxian thief", sporting a doo rag, baggy pants and a wealth of televisions!

eloes

08-16-2012

Here a list of black superheroes

http://www.bamkapow.com/15-of-the-gr...me-1484-p.html

Now im sure we can all find something offensive about these champions but that didnt stop them from being developed. Now what is riot excuse?

Evolnemesis

08-16-2012

THIS is the black champion we need....

http://thefilmchampion.thesourcepc.c...1/sam-pulp.jpg

The Quotes alone would make it worth it...

"I have HAD IT with these MUTHA****IN' minions in this MUTHA****IN' Field of Justice!!!"
"Don't f*ck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass!"
"Hey, Twitch may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf*cker."
"NO, I can't stop YELLING, 'cause that's how I TALK!!!"

Special Interaction with Fizz:
"Did you SEE that sh*t?! A MUTHA****IN' *SHARK* ATE me!!!"

Orleos

08-16-2012

Gimme Anansi, cause then we could get a Spider Illusionist AP/AD Assassin/Carry/Etc, and I so badly wanted the Spider Queen. T>T

Not to mention it serves the dual purpose of giving cool champion and silencing the 'Riot is racist' commentators.

It'd be cool if they could do something like Nidalee when he hits 6 and he unlocks his spiritual Spider Form or if he could shift between the two forms like Jayce does.

Eugenides

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Anansi, the clever spider

lore:
inventor mage extraordinare from that place rammus came from. Employed by the league to represent a certain small city-state getting started in the area. One he plans to have great influence in.

character alignment: often mean spirited but generally good but not terribly fond of physical labor seeing as the original was a spider. Think of him as a grumpy old man who gets kicks out of trolling the local kids.

character attributes: A comical old man, preferably in the form of a spider, to him champs like swain are like spunky little kids, and he'd likely find leblanc, mokai and other older, more powerful champs (lorewise) more interesting. He would be the epitimay of the trickster and have strange abilities centered around slights of hand that punish players that don't follow the very basics, like standing behind minions and not standing under turrets and whatnot.

based off the tales of uncle anansi, the wise spider that

accidently created the moon and stars,
nearly made a chameleon into a god,
and tricked a man into feeding his house to a village of starving people.

****ing yes. Nailed it. Just BRING OUT THEIR OWN MYTHOLOGY. Anansi is ****ing epic anyway.