To all "Where is my black champion" threads.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynical Rain

01-21-2013

Seriously.

Krampus Claus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Easy, just make a champion, and as an afterthought, [s]he's black.

Don't make them "urban" or "frum da jungle", just like, any old generic fantasy trope, who happens to be black. Do we have to save blackness for a champion who "seems like they should be black, but not like, too much should, otherwise it's stereotypical"

Like Colin Powell, he was the Secretary of State, and was black. He didn't bring fried chicken and bamboo spears to the White House, he was just a former US Army General turned statesman, who was also black.

Just make the champion version of Colin Powell.

Krampus Claus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemile View Post
Darius is notoriously angry and violent. Plus he dunks. Plus his name is 'darius.' That's so many black stereotypes rolled into one it's not even funny.
As long as you didn't make it clear that he's angry BECAUSE he's black, I think he'd be fine.

So if at champ select he said "I'm gon' kill every last one of these white folk, if it's the last thing I do" that would be wrong.

MaingoSeven

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus Claus View Post
As long as you didn't make it clear that he's angry BECAUSE he's black, I think he'd be fine.

So if at champ select he said "I'm gon' kill every last one of these white folk, if it's the last thing I do" that would be wrong.
Darius is really boring and bland, black or not I think the only thing that would make him interesting is that champ select quote.