LoL attitude vs DotA attitude

12345612 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

External

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
When DotA2's competitive scene grows, you'll see the same thing happen with their community's "mindset"
DotA 2 doesn't even have a defined meta.

Acerbatus

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomainSpecific View Post
Why do people care so much about false reports? As long as you do well, people shouldn't mind. Now, if you go AS Maokai, and you feed 0-10-3, expect to be reported and probably punished.
Why?

AdamantxXx

08-15-2012

I've been mid with Nightstalker, even dragon knight, pretty much all heroes that are strength and several agility ones too, like I said the meta isn't so do-or-die rigid in that game, so if you are decent people do not complain at all.

Kokowam

08-15-2012

I decided to play only Ezreal whether it be top, bot AD carry, AP mid, or support. I don't know about jungle yet. If people want to dodge, let them dodge. If people want to rage, let them rage. I'm good enough to do carry them, and if they want to report me after then let them be my guest.

AngryMilk7

08-15-2012

That's because the average league players is kinda ignorant.

People follow the meta so closely because they think that's the way to play. Anything is else seen as the "wrong way" to play.

Acerbatus

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamantxXx View Post
I've been mid with Nightstalker, even dragon knight, pretty much all heroes that are strength and several agility ones too, like I said the meta isn't so do-or-die rigid in that game, so if you are decent people do not complain at all.
I mid as Leoric and have fun times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMilk7 View Post
That's because the average league players is kinda ignorant.

People follow the meta so closely because they think that's the way to play. Anything is else seen as the "wrong way" to play.
Exactly, and that mindset should change.
I'd like to see pro streamers try something new just to make people open their eyes that Meta isn't everything

Delicious Donut

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
When DotA2's competitive scene grows, you'll see the same thing happen with their community's "mindset"
Exactly. When LoL was new there was no real set meta. You'd see everything, sometimes even trilanes. No one cared if there were 2 AD on the same lane. Jungling? Meh, maybe if you played Warwick or Nunu.

It's just a matter of time.

Falling Objects

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiel View Post
wtf man you can't have 2 mid.am ok with janna mid but having 2 mid is gameing to make both of you under lvled under farmed just a bad idea.plus who gets the blue buff?
YOU.

You are whats wrong with this community.

Get the **** out.

Which team was it that, VERY RECENTLY, sent gangplank solobot and had support/AD top?

I've seen platinum level ranked games where one team doesn't have a jungler, and they compensate by steamrolling top lane and then providing ganks everywhere else.

Hell, in one of my ranked games recently, we had three people go mid and we demolished them before the 20 minute mark.

Acerbatus

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiel View Post
WTF man you can't have 2 mid.Am ok with janna mid but having 2 mid is gameing to make both of you under lvled under farmed just a bad idea.
You're assuming a lot of things.

Kaylnaz

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Donut View Post
Exactly. When LoL was new there was no real set meta. You'd see everything, sometimes even trilanes. No one cared if there were 2 AD on the same lane. Jungling? Meh, maybe if you played Warwick or Nunu.

It's just a matter of time.
DOTA's competitive scene is much bigger than LoL's in proportion to their player base.....

and the meta in Dota is no where near as defined as it is in LoL

12345612 ... 26