LoL attitude vs DotA attitude

1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acerbatus

08-15-2012

When you want to try something new, LoL players will spam report before the game even starts. It's like they are stuck with the mentality that if it's not the meta, they will report. A huge *****fest for the metagame.

Yesterday, I had a game where I wanted to play as AP Janna in mid. The Morganna on my team was telling me she'd report me for trolling if we shared mid. I don't see anywhere that says you can report for sharing mid. Someone on my team dodged and on the next Champion Selection, I pick Janna and go against that same Morganna mid. She was screaming I'll report after game before the match even started. Guess who won the lane.
I did. Guess who won the game? My team. Guess who was still reported by Morganna? I was.

Today in DotA 2, I wanted to try something crazy. I wanted to go to mid-lane as Axe. No one threatened to report me. No one threatened to grief if I did. They just said aite cool and we started the game. I got lucky and was able to win, but no one said anything about how weird this strategy was. They even commended me for trying something new and making it work.

The average LoL player has a closed mindset towards anything Meta-breaking. Anything that is not a top tier pick is grounds for reporting according to them. I don't know about you, but I think this needs to change.

JunkRamen

08-15-2012

When DotA2's competitive scene grows, you'll see the same thing happen with their community's "mindset"

Felaedor

08-15-2012

That's because variety is what DotA is completely based on.

It's not the case with LoL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
When DotA2's competitive scene grows, you'll see the same thing happen with their community's "mindset"
The absolute number of people following the DotA2 Competitive scene is smaller in total, but larger as a %age of the playerbase.

The DotA2 competitive scene itself is MUCH MUCH larger than LoLs. It's kind of incredible how wrong you are.

EDIT: Let me elaborate. DotA2 IS DotA. Saying the game is new or has a small competitive scene is completely idiotic. DotA2's competitive scene is the competitive scene from a game that predates LoL by almost 5 years.

The DotA metagame and by extension the DotA2 metagame (because they're the same **** game), got past a single viable lane setup a LONG **** time ago. The only way you upvote that steaming pile of **** post is if you actually know nothing about the two games.

AdamantxXx

08-15-2012

I've noticed that the dota2 community is a lot nicer because it's smaller and because the meta in Dota doesn't seem to be as defined. People in that game actually try to help you for the most part, and once I raged for like 10 mins straight and the worse insult I got was " You're 1-x man", never was called noob or stupid or retarded.

Acerbatus

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I'm sure Dota's competitive scene is big enough.

Lonely Electrons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2012

Going mid with Axe isn't that far fetched. . . Since he has a long range DoT that gives you an MS buff. . .

curiel

08-15-2012

WTF man you can't have 2 mid.Am ok with janna mid but having 2 mid is going to make both of you under lvled under farmed just a bad idea.Plus who gets the blue buff?What lane would be handicaped because you want to do what you want?Are you going to leave top lane empty.Or are you just to say **** it bot you 2v1 get our farmed and then not get mad when we rage at you.Brake the meta go ahead but be smart about plan it out.

DomainSpecific

08-15-2012

Why do people care so much about false reports? As long as you do well, people shouldn't mind. Now, if you go AS Maokai, and you feed 0-10-3, expect to be reported and probably punished.

If you feel confident, do it (:

Kaylnaz

08-15-2012

probably has to do with most people not knowing how to play Dota so they see something and assume that it's "correct"

Labomba

08-15-2012

In Dota, they would just blacklist you from their host server. Eventually you'd have no where to play.

1234511 ... 26