Cheap items that improve survivability?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

08-15-2012

What I'm wanting to do is build a hybrid solo top Toric (for fun). Problem being that his HP and resistances are pretty low without his support items.

I expect most of my early game being spent building Gunblade. Then after t2 boots and some AS, I'd probably want to add some tankiness.

Keeping cost into account, any suggestions?

FlowyS

08-15-2012

Probably should build defense first, then an offensive item. go with something like Aegion of the Legion first then follow by Gunblade or other offensive item.

Cenerae

08-15-2012

Hexdrinker into Maw later on, Chain vest into Frozen Heart later on.

That should fix your defensive needs combined with merc treads and his natural armor bonus from W. If you need more than that you can mix in a GA somewhere.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

As stated, you don't have to pick a 'cheap item' to build defenses. You can always partially build stuff as needed, then complete the item later on. You DO in some cases get efficiency bonuses for completion but they aren't necessarily all that good, and you sometimes have other concerns.

I also like Aegis as an affordable general-purpose defensive item. However Im not sure it is enough to entirely cover you.

You need some health too, so just hexdrinker/heart isn't really sufficient. Perhaps a giants belt to go with that, which eventually gets built into a frozen mallet.

Jesot

08-15-2012

I was looking at Spirit Visage. Health and mr, plus possibly very good synergy with Taric from the extras. But I also like Hexdrinker

TheHardWay

08-15-2012

Everyone forgets about doran's items. Doran's shield man, i almost always pick up a doran's blade or doran's shield depending on my match up and win top lane around 85% of the time

XCodes

08-15-2012

Hexdrinker is good vs. AP, Warden Mail is amazing vs. AD. In either case, I'd also build a Phage before working on Gunblade. Taric likes keeping his enemies closer.

Jesot

08-15-2012

Ok. Survive isn't the issue. After bots, it's clearly mana

Cenerae

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
Ok. Survive isn't the issue. After bots, it's clearly mana
Buy a Chalice. Should cover most of Taric's mana needs, including his healing. The MR won't hurt either.

FaerellG

08-16-2012

Are you looking for survivability or sustain? Cause those are 2 different things.

For survivability, I recommend Catalyst, which you can build into a RoA or BV later on.
For sustain, I suggest Chalice or Philo stone.

Philo definitely if you're having an issue with survivability too. Because that means you aren't going to be able to last hit well, so standing back and getting some extra gold when you regen is useful.