Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relaunch Spotlight: Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damson Rhee

08-19-2012

Quote:
DarkWerr:
Man, I just saw the champions retrospective, and Brandon said "One of the things we try avoid is... clichĂȘ.". So why the hell you guys put a mark skill and basic AoE skill on Katarina? Hypocrites!

yeah heard them say something to the effect of we pride our champs in having variety and yet you look at Kats remake. great variety

Damson Rhee

08-19-2012

Quote:
Subirenihil:

Additional: Several skins have been completely ruined, including the #1 most prized skin in LoL, Kitty Kat Katarina.

yeah apparently we are the minority in the whole ruining kitty kat katarina unfortunately im the one who bought it because i like her brunette hair and the color and outfit in general and when you change drastic things about a skin on a rework than you kind of spit on our faces as what if i don't like it anymore. Just like i dont like high commander anymore nor sandstorm. actually the only change i liked was the Pirate one as it looks more detailed.

how about you follow your fanbase and re-release kitty kat skin but make it the Red headed we have now and give the old kitty kat owners a new limited edition kitty kat with dark hair etc. in addition to the red head as a sorry we continue to **** things up -love riot.

yeah yeah other people want their champ skin but im not saying stop everything to do this just work on it on the side until done.

snowydayz

08-20-2012

If you ask me, that rework was exactly what she needed. She seems to be fine now, every kata i saw was doing good so far in ranked/draft/normal. I don't get whats all the crying about.

Edit: also the ulti isn't her "main damage" tool anymore, Q->E->W seems to deal a good amount of damage.

XiuzSu

08-21-2012

As a constant Katarina player since day one that I joined LoL I've got to say... You guys "Riot" have destroyed her.
Let me clarify...

As most have already explained the importance of the damage her Q needs to be able to do, having split that damage in a sense by forcing player to destroy the new added marks severely puts them in unnecessary risk, this pretty much makes mid characters that usually stay back when fighting to have no problem fighting Katarina because when and IF hit by Katarina's Q they will most likely take very little damage. As it stands its practically impossible for a GREAT Katarina player to fight a DECENT Morgana player now.

Splitting the abilities of her old Killer Instinct into her E and R and adding Sinister Steel seems to be the ONLY good thing about her update, and at that point I really think you should of just stop right there and not do anything else.

The nerf on her Shumpo (because you lowered the damage it does and increased her CD!!), this skill alone was the skill that pretty much made Katarina who she is, as the glass cannon that Katarina is suppose to be, being able to get away from sticky situations was importantn Shumpo provided that, now you must wait 13secs, so once a jungler sees you use it a mid to pop a Mark that will automatically call out free kill, because Katarina will have no means of scape. You might say, well... use flash! Well guess what, remember that we just Shumpo into the enemy champion at mid? I'm willing to bet he would most likely be standing a little behind hes minions which would be a bit more than half of mid, at that point there's no real way to scape a jungle which like most, have slow or even a stun, Katarina being the glass cannon she is will most likely die. I know most of you will say, well, just being a bit more HP or tanky with Katarina, Why? So her already nerf skills do even LESS damage than what they already do? I used to laughed every time I fought Katarina's whom start out with shield and would have defense/CD masteries.

While Katarina's R now have healing reduction and I think its a great addiction, there seems to still be problems with it. I can't put my finger on it but I swear there is a nerf some where in there. Even while stacking AP and you guys supposedly made it so that her ult does more damage faster it seems that her new ultimate tickles enemies... I think this is a big joke... if the enemy isn't already severely injured 7/10 her R won't kill it, most likely I have to chase after them to use Q or W again!

In conclusion, I am not happy or satisfied with the overall change of Katarina, this is coming from someone who has played approximately 1000+ games with her!! As previous players have said, might as well change her lore because she is like Akali.

Please fix her, because as it stands, you guys have destroyed my favorite champion.

Hyfigh

08-22-2012

I posted some stats on her ranked and normal queue matches. She's still statistically the same. Wins %, KDA, KD, Deaths, Kills, and Assists are virtually unchanged from her previous incarnation.
I've messed around with her a little more and I'm still having trouble with her. The ulti does feel like the numbers don't jive. If that ends up being the case... I really don't see this as something hard to fix. The biggest issue is that she's essentially a new champion. The reflavoring was pretty extreme, and she's a very different playstyle now.
Good or bad... I can't say. My opinion: Indifferent still.

XiuzSu

08-24-2012

We can just wait and see if they decide to fix her.

DarkSleipnir

Recruiter

08-25-2012

No change for kat in next patch

XiuzSu

08-25-2012

Disappointing...

BiLJE

09-03-2012

Quote:
TheEnygma:
Bring back the Kitty Cat

God id give anything for that Kitty Cat Katarina ;(

BiLJE

09-03-2012

Quote:
Subirenihil:
Passive: Now only reduces by 10 seconds, down from 15.
Q: Now only deals 50% of what it used to, and can no longer apply a healing debuff.
W: New ability: deals minor aoe damage and provides a 1 sec speed boost if you hit a champ.
E: Damage reduced by 33%, CD increased. Shield from old W now always in effect.
R: Damage reduced by 50%, CD increased by 15 seconds. Impossible to use twice in a team fight anymore. Applies a healing debuff for 3 seconds.

Overall: Hard nerf. No harass, little ability to fight 1v1, still very susceptible to CC. Not really effective in a team fight either.

Additional: Several skins have been completely ruined, including the #1 most prized skin in LoL, Kitty Kat Katarina.

Riot: "These buffs were made to allow her to be competitive."

Buffs? Really? This is an outrageous nerf as well as ruining the best skin in the game.

I can not agree more... Needs a lot of work to be just near the old explosive Kat