[champion concept] Quill, the gryphon's avatar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kody119

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Hi there guys, I decided to try my hand at making a champion, the first one i had created wasn't noticed much, but he was generally well received. I created Quill when i was thinking of how there is no champion that start's with Q and wanted to fill out the roster, so here we go.

lore: Gryphon's have never been well liked or respected by anyone, least of all the demacians, constant battle was the order of business between the winged beasts and the valiant warriors. During Jarven the fourth's travels he encountered the nest of the gryphon's and instantly prepared to attack for their extincion, Quill was a farmer at the time, who lived just outside the habitat, but had been aided by the creatures during a bandit raid in which they had saved his life. Quill confronted jarven at the entrance to the stronghold and pleaded on the gryphon's behalf to not rush in blades flashing, as there were young who would be slaughtered by the prince's and his men's weapons. Jarven payed little attention to the muttering's of this simple farmer, and sent one of his men to detain him. Quill flew into a panic and pulled the dagger from the soldier's belt and stabbed him through the throat and pulled the sword from the belt of the slain and held it out, in an obviously untrained stance. Jarven walked up to the inexperienced swordsman and simply knocked the blade out of his hands and thrust his spear though the chest of the peasent, and then turned to his men to rally them for the battle. A gryphon elder had been watching the exchange with intrest, and at Quill's fall he made a decision, he disembodied all of his strength and power and gave it to Quill, deeming him the protector of the gryphons. Quill rose, his wound healed and wearing armor in the fashion of the beasts feathers. He then drew two blades, each a hooked claw of the gryphon elder and assaulted the warriors. Every last one of the men Jarven brought with him fell that day, and the battle between the prince and farmer raged on through the night, until both fell exausted. Calling a truce they negotiated. The gryphon's would no longer attack Demacians, and in fact would help them, on the grounds that their sanctuary were never revealed or assaulted by them. Quill then traveled to the institute of war to make peace with the other city states, and then join the league himself.

Quill fights with the grace of an eagle, but the ferocity of a lion -Jarven IV

Basically Quill would be a medium length brown haired average guy, being of farmer origins, wearing armor that is made of white and brown feathers, and wield two blade like weapons, that would be pretty much giant claws attached to hilts. he would be a melee champ.

Passive:The protector's will; for every nearby allied champion or tower, Quill gains bonus armor, mr, and hp and mp regen. I'm thinking 5 armor and mr per stack, and 5 mana and health per 5 for every stack, feel free to help with the numbers, as on every ability.

Q:Rend; Quill throw's his two hooked blades in opposite arcs hitting everything they cross for 40/60/80/100/120 (+1.0 total AD) that diminishes for every enemy hit down to 30% of maximum damage. it'd be like diana's Q, except two of them that diminish on hits and go full circle after crossing paths at the end of the arc.

W:Razor Wind; Quill unleashes the feathers on his armor to create a torrent of wind that knocks back enemies in a cone and does 60/70/80/90/100 (+.5 bonus AD +.4AP). would basically be a reverse darius pull.

E:Lion Slash; Quill bring's both of his sword's together cleaving a target, slowing them by 20/25/30/35/40% and doing 70/85/100/110/120 (+.7 bonus AD). pretty much an E like irelia's but without the stun element, i don't think it's needed, and may cause issues if it was a stun with him also having the knockback XD

R:Gryphon's might; Quill transforms into the true avatar of the gryphons for 5/7/9 seconds gaining 40/60/80 bonus AD and increasing his armor and MR by 40/50/60, reactivating this ability will use and AOE screech that does no damage but terrifies nearby enemies for 1.5 seconds forcing them to run away (can only be used once per transformation)

he would use mana, and have a base pool around 280, costs would be hard to figure out, but i think that it should be around
Q:40/50/60/70/80
W:80 at all ranks
E:60/70/70/80/90
R:100/125/150
cooldowns: in seconds
Q:9/8/7/7/6
W:17/16/15/15/14
E: 12/11/11/10/9
R: 120/100/90

i'm not good with base stats, but i wanted him to be a top laner or jungler, basically slightly tanky with some good damage, i know, i know, tanky DPS is overdone but i made this to fill out the need for a Q champion

Kody119

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

*sigh* no one has input? i'd at least like to know if i'm doing SOMETHING right or wrong...

BillyWilder

08-15-2012

hey i like the concept i think it would need some tweeking but its good.

Kody119

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWilder View Post
hey i like the concept i think it would need some tweeking but its good.
thanks for saying so, i know it needs some tweaking, heck, alot of tweaking, but i just thought i'd give it a go, to bad nobody looks at anyone else's concepts but their own :/

Kody119

11-20-2012

hm.... i forgot about this for a bit- but wouldn't mind getting some feedback now, better late than never eh?