How's my Singed? (Runes/Mastery/Gameplay Advice)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellow X

09-13-2010

Yeah, I know Singed isn't played by many. And acknowledged as a champion rarely by newbs.
But I love the ****head. He's so god**** amazing it's not even funny.

I guess I'll start off with my runes.
Here's what I use at the moment
Marks:
5x Mark of Insight (+0.95 Magic Pen)
2x Mark of Focus (-0.18% Cooldown Reduction)
3x Mark of Desolation (+1.96 Armor Pen)

Seals:
3x Greater Seal of Focus (-0.29% Cooldowns)
4x Greater Seal of Evasion (+0.75% Evasion)
1x Seal of Extreme (+0.67% Dodge)
1x Seal of Evasion (+0.58% Dodge)

Glyphs:
7x Greater Glyph of Focus (-0.65% Cooldown Reduction)
1x Greater Glyph of Insight (+0.57 Magic Pen)
1x Glyph of Focus (-0.51% Cooldown Redudction)

Quints:
2x Greater Quintessence of Swiftness (+1.5% Move Speed)
1x Greater Quintessence of Inside (+1.89 Magic Penetration)

What I'd like to have is
All Magic Pen for Marks
Unsure for Seals. Possible all evasion. But no real idea at the moment.
For Glyphs I'm not sure if I should go CDR or Magic Pen.
For Quints I need 1 more move speed

-----------------------------

Masteries:
I like the way I have it set up, but I'm open to feedback or suggestions. It's pretty standard Singed. =/
9/0/21
Offensive:
T1 - 3 in the AP one, 1 in the crit
T2 - 4 in CDR
T3 - 1 in Magic Pen

Utility:
T1 - 1 in ghost, 3 in mana/health regen
T2 - 4 in exp, 2 in increasing mana based on mana
T3 - 3 in mana regen
T4 - 3 in movement speed, 1 in flash
T5 - 3 in CDR
T6 - 1 in summoner spell CDR

-------------------------------------------------

My skill order is as follows:
Fling
Poison Trail
Poison Trail
Mega Adhesive
Poison Trail
Ulti
Poison Trail Lv 4
Fling Lv. 2
Poison Trail Lv 5
Mega Adhesive Lv 2
Ulti Lv 2
Fling Lv 3
Fling Lv 4
Fling Lv 5
Mega Adhesive Lv 3
Ulti
mega adhesive 4,5

------------------------------------------
THE OMG ALL IMPORTANT WTF ITEMS U GET FIRST UBER AMAZINGLY QUICK UR SO PRO ETC ETC ETC I WANNA KILL PEOPLE OMG WOW UR SUCH A NOOB Y U GET THAT?

Alright. Items are incredibly simple to me.
I start off with the health crystal thing that builds into Rod of Ages. Costs 475, gives 180 health.
After that I save up as much as I can, getting the RoA ASAP. Even before boots.
I generally stay in the lane till 6 when I get my ulti and can just regen that way. Gets me more XP/Gold. If I'm not being extremely harassed which I usually am, I can farm a lot quicker.

OKAY
tldr I GET THE ROD OF AGES ANYWHERE BETWEEN 12 AND 18 MINUTES
Usually around minute 13 I have it.
After Rod, I get boots. Swift Boots.
Then I get Arch Angels.
Then Rylais for omglulz+HP
Then after that it's a tossup. If I have oodles of cash I might get a warmogs so tank the enemy team for lulz.
If I wanna OMG RAPE MORE HARDCORE I get my punkass another Arch Angels for lol mana+AP+HP. Srsly. Arch Angels = God Item on singed. It's ******ed. Like omg ur kid has down syndrome ******ed. Yes. I went there. 2 of you just stopped reading and are closing this thread. Bamo.

Anyway. That's how I do items. It works out fairly well.
TL;DR

Rod of Ages first
Boots of Swiftness Second
ArchAngels Staff 3rd
Rylais / any situational stuff I may need. aka MR, or Armor or tons of HP if I need them more than rylais.
After Rylais it's all situational and gold based. If I have lots I get more if not then whatever.

-------------------------------
Summoner Spells
I get Ghost and Flash.
Ghost gives me the move speed I need to get around the field, gank effectively and defend effectively. I use it most when I'm running from the base back to a tower before I have boots. As I have my ulti, I'd rather use the ulti to escape/gank than Ghost. As it gives me a lot more than some move speed.

Flash - great spell. Still learning it's infinite uses. For this one, I like to flash close enough to run two steps at mose and fling them back. It's hilarious. They're like OMG SINGE FROM NOWHERE ****. Or I use it to escape. Or just **** with people. It's an amazing spell. It really is.

----------------------------------------
PLAYSTYLE ANALYSIS

I build my Singed like a mage. All his items are magey. The only thing that makes him tanky is his ridiculous HP he picks up from items. Like really. RoA gives HP+Mana and mana = more HP. It's so cool it's like a cat in a freezer. Anyway.

I max Poison trail first as it's my damage component. But I don't leave fling out at all. I love fling. the 1 to 1 AP ratio is just ****tastic. It's like LOL 400 AP HAHA I HIT U FOR 700 WITH FLING. It hurts *****es. You know those squishy ****s that're like omg run. Right, you flash and fling they're down to like half. It's great. Adhesive isn't really useful until later teamfights and for messing with them. You toss down a ooze and they play defensive cause they know a gank is coming like it has the whole game. Cept it doesnt. And we took the tower. Cause we're cool. And I'm singed. Also, umadbro?
Anyway. I play him like a *****-ass mage who's a crazy tank. I literally play crazy on this guy.
I farm hardcore by myself later in the game with poison like I should. And I always am the one to initiate the teamfight if I'm anywhere close. I run and chase and help allies and such. I do not ward. I can't afford it. As soon as I get my RoA the games pretty much done for the other team. I really have to get that item first. It's more important that wards.
I don't think I'm forgetting anything...
Oh, I use my ulti for regen early on. And later on. And for movespeed. And for Damage/ASPD when it comes to taking out towers.

-----------------------------------
Here's a few previous game specs to show I'm doing fairly well with this
Game 1 - 8 kills, 8 deaths, 19 assists - won
Game 2 - 6 kills, 3 deaths, 9 assists - won
game 3 - 4 kills, 5 deaths, 18 assists - won
game 4 - 13 kills, 10 deaths, 10 assists - lost
game 5 - 3 kills, 4 deaths, 15 assists - won
game 6 - 7 kills, 2 deaths, 6 assists - won

aw man, my first recent game as singed isn't on my list.
Okay well in the first game I played him as in forever I went like uh
19 kills, 1 death, 12 assists or something close to that. Was hilariously epic. Had an amazing Kayle with me.

But hey, any Advice on anything please. I wanna take my singed and my gameplay to the next level. sounds so corny. hahaha
But it is appreciated. <3

El Hebrew Hammer

09-13-2010

Thank you for going AP. Thank you so much.

Mellow X

09-13-2010

You're.... welcome?

Schuazay

09-13-2010

Ok so first of all, the first flaw that i think is a flaw is getting poison trail 3rd I would say your slow due to the fact that it is VERY easy to fling someone into your tower and slow them and get a kill early game(maybe get slow 2nd). Other than that your skills are fine. Your items start with a mana crystal as it benefits you more due to the fact that your passive gives you hp for it also. RoA is fine. Rylai is fine. Arch angel is fine(passive). DONT GET A WARMOG. IF YOUR GOING TO GET A TANK ITEM GET A BANSHEES OR A FROZEN HEART(passive) THESE BOTH GIVE YOU HP AND MP. I can't stress enough how much people DONT abuse the poop out of singed's passive. your passive is there to help you, use it to your advantage. Also get your tank item after rylai's due to the fact that it gives a slow on your fling giving you more time to throw down an even better slow. And also maybe get some high ap items like a zhonyas or a void staff. My last point is that if the team is split hybrid get a abyssal scepter and a forzen heart for balance. All AP items stay the same the only difference is tank items.

Hope I didn't come off too aggressive

try it out and GL

Also last point...

You dont have to take slow as the slow is for kills, if you are going to farm and not go for kills that early then go poison trail

HateYerGuts

09-13-2010

Archangel doesn't give HP (but you state you get it for that).

Mellow X

09-13-2010

Okay, I'll try out getting a Banshee's veil. But Warmogs still gives more HP than either.
10 mana to every 1 health I think it is, banshee's is +400 mana that's +440 health total.
And the mana crystal is 500 mana so it gives 50 hp. So the passive is nice if you can incorporate it.
I will try out the banshee's though.
I just finished a game with uh...
Rod of Ages, Swift Boots, Rylais, Warmogs, Scepter, and ArchAngels
I felt I wasn't doing enough damage. When it gets to this point, what should be swapped out for better items? I had like 3k gold cause I wasn't sure if I should drop rylais and grab a zhonya at that point. Just wondering though.

Also, @ other posterman
ArchAngels gives a bsae of +425 mana with a total of an additional 1000.
Singeds passive gives him 1 HP for every 10 MP he has. So ArchAngels gives +1425 Mana, +142.5 health, and whatever else it does. +45 ap i think. So it's a really nice item for singed as it supplements your mana along with RoA so you can keep your trail on the entire time.

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Archangel's is just bad on Singed. Takes forever to rank up since Q doesn't proc it, so it's just mega adhesive and fling (his ult procs it also, but you'll use it probably 8 to 10 times a game). You want tanky / damaging items on Singed, typically under the +health and +AP category. You should consider getting a Force of Nature for both the very heavy MR boost (every champion does magic damage in one form or another), and the mild speed boost, plus FoN's passive will let you recover a smidgen of health (this is just a bonus) between shoving down lanes with your healthy movespeed, which is something Singed is amazing at (Take down 2-3 creep waves, back off, go to mid, repeat, then go to the third lane, repeat, bluepill, repeat all 3 lanes until teamfight occurs).

Mellow X

09-13-2010

I did notice how ArchAngels was taking forever to proc up it. I'll try force of nature in the morning and try reworking my item build.
Thanks for the inputs

Xanthyr

09-13-2010

I always take fling/poison/poison/mega-adhesive as the first four levels, along with Exhaust and Ghost. If you have a lanemate that can do some early damage you can get lucky with fast kills. I max poison first, then mega-adhesive second, and fling last. A maxed Adhesive will control battles FAR more than an extra 50 damage per flip.

I use this for my masteries: http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/010...03140130030000

For runes, I use 3 speed quints, 9 mPen red, 9 mp5/level blue, and 9 mp5/level yellow This puts a large focus on spamming your abilities for constant harassment.

I rush Rod of Ages with Singed, as most people do, but instead of getting a ruby crystal, I get Sapphire crystal for mana. Doing this gets you a lot larger of a pool of mana to play around with, and you take use of his passive and get .33hp per point of mana, or post-conversion, 66HP and 200 mana, which I like. Using this build, I've commonly built a Rod of Ages by the 13-15 minute mark.

After getting my RoA and boots, if I'm doing really well I'll get either another RoA or Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Or if I'm being dominated, I'll get a defensive item, banshee's veil or Force of Nature like Glacial shroud or Chalice, sometimes an abyssal scepter.

Korath Arcolite

09-13-2010

I'm not a fan of AA on Singed either. Manamune is kinda lawl on him for tower pushing, but I'd say, stick to RoA, boots, Rylais, FoN (or Banshees) and if the game is still going, get what you think you need. zhonya's ring is a nice 5th item if you manage it