Please offer some tips for consistent mordekaiser play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

08-15-2012

Mordekaiser is one of my favorite champions, mainly because of his ultimate, and being one of the few champions it's actually fun to farm with. However, lack of escapes, and his plethora of counters constantly gets in the way.

Really need some tips on itemization , and how to deal with getting camped, or getting rushed during teamfights.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-15-2012

There is no consistent in solo q. I've lost 12 games in row after having 59% win rates with Morde on multiple accounts.

You can't influence the dice. I suggest you don't play more than 2 losses in a row ever.

Other than that, just farm farm farm.

Etherimp

08-15-2012

Ghost/Ignite is what I usually run.

Health Quints, Armor or MR Yellows, MR/Lvl or Flat CDR Blues, Spell Pen reds.

You can run 21/9/0, or 21/0/9, or 0/21/9, or 9/0/21.. If you are having troubles being durable enough early game you may wanna go 21/9/0.

For build, I start Regen Bead + 6 pots, I rush Hextech Revolver and Boots, and then finish Boots, Build DFG, and go into Abyssal after that, picking up some armor along the way if I am getting focused by AD.

After that, any combination of AP, CDR, Armor, and Magic Resist is good on Morde.

Core: Sorcerer Shoes, Hextech Revolver, Death Fire Grasp, Abyssal Scepter.

Cenerae

08-15-2012

If you're getting camped, ward the lane and ping the offending camper so you can set up a counter gank.

Try to hang back at the start of a teamfight. While getting a ghost of the enemy carry is ideal, it's also pretty risky to try. Getting a ghost of one of their bruisers will be more than sufficient, and if your items are correct you should be able to chunk one of them very badly with your combo, making it easy for your team to quickly finish them.

I think the generic Morde build these days is Revolver, DFG, Deathcap, Void Staff, leaving you one slot for a situational defensive item. You can grab an early negatron cloak if you have to lane against someone that can pressure you hard, like a Vlad or a Leblanc.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
You can't influence the dice. I suggest you don't play more than 2 losses in a row ever.

Because you are superstitious?

Cenerae

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
Because you are superstitious?
Actually, if you keep playing while on a losing streak, it's pretty likely your overall performance is going to drop due to frustration levels.

Taking a break after a couple of losses will help put you back in the right frame of mind.