How viable is Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Cantaloupe

11-12-2009

Well I've played just about every hero (probably at least 5-10 games with each one I've played, some way more) and I have to say I really like Jax's playing style. However, I'm questioning how well he performs in higher tier games?

A build I really liked with him was:

Regrowth pendant
Ninja Tabi
Regrowth -> Warmongs
Phage
Starks
Phage -> Frozen Mallet
Then either Phantom Dancer or Black Cleaver

Could throw in a Banshee's Veil if needed.

With this build he gets over 4k HP and is definitely a beast, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing well with him because he's a great hero against lower tier opponents or if he's a viable champion to play even in higher tier games (from what I understand top tier games usually like to favor champions with AoE like Malphite, Amumu, Morgana, Aniva, etc etc). I'd like to get really good at a champion that won't become "outdated" as my ELO goes up.

Arthas Menethil

11-12-2009

Not so good in high ELO according to my high ELO friend, better than Yi but not by much. Has a AOE stun that's probably his best team skill. The rest are just chasing and killing skills - the most he'll ever be is a team carry.

Charmicarmicarmicat

11-12-2009

I agree.. cc shuts him down and he can't really afford to go defensive as he is both dependant on an innate slow(frozen mallet) and attackspeed to do damage.