Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How viable is Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Cantaloupe

11-12-2009

Well I've played just about every hero (probably at least 5-10 games with each one I've played, some way more) and I have to say I really like Jax's playing style. However, I'm questioning how well he performs in higher tier games?

A build I really liked with him was:

Regrowth pendant
Ninja Tabi
Regrowth -> Warmongs
Phage
Starks
Phage -> Frozen Mallet
Then either Phantom Dancer or Black Cleaver

Could throw in a Banshee's Veil if needed.

With this build he gets over 4k HP and is definitely a beast, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing well with him because he's a great hero against lower tier opponents or if he's a viable champion to play even in higher tier games (from what I understand top tier games usually like to favor champions with AoE like Malphite, Amumu, Morgana, Aniva, etc etc). I'd like to get really good at a champion that won't become "outdated" as my ELO goes up.

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

11-12-2009

Not so good in high ELO according to my high ELO friend, better than Yi but not by much. Has a AOE stun that's probably his best team skill. The rest are just chasing and killing skills - the most he'll ever be is a team carry.

Charmicarmicarmicat

11-12-2009

I agree.. cc shuts him down and he can't really afford to go defensive as he is both dependant on an innate slow(frozen mallet) and attackspeed to do damage.