Health per/sec

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radiant Glory

08-14-2012

With the new patch, showing regen per/sec and not per/5sec, shouldnt this change come to the items as well?

TealNinje

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
With the new patch, showing regen per/sec and not per/5sec, shouldnt this change come to the items as well?
I'm fairly sure the health regen being listed as per 5 seconds is actually to make new players feel better about their health regen. After all, 3 life regen per second doesn't feel that good, but it definitely helps mitigate long-term damage. How do we make players feel justified in buying something of that low value? Embellish it. Change the phrasing to 15 health regen per 5 seconds, and they get to see that they're buying 15 health regen while knowing its actual limitations.

TheRottenCrow

08-16-2012

i definitely agree with radiant glory. to be honest, seeing that im getting 100 hp5 was awesome, but it gave me a false sense of confidence and id rush in thining ill recover pretty quickly and then the slain screen pops up. now that i can see exactly what i am getting, i can make a better judgement call on my standings in the game. but the hp5 on items sometimes throws me off because i see i have, say 30 per sec health regen, and i see and item giving me 15. awesome boosts, buy it, realize it just added three to my current per sec total. they should definitely change on or the other back.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Items should be put to the /sec scale.

Sure, it would make regen stats sound massively more expensive (the 1.4 from Meki Pendant for 390 gold would mean MP/s is worth 278.5 gold per point), but really, considering champions' base regen stats are going to be worth 1-2, maybe 3 at level 18 excluding exceptional regen like Veigar and Mundo, it'll make sense.