Olaf, Xin Zhao, ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfulSin

08-14-2012

Ok, I am seeking a champ I can buy who can solo top and can also jungle. I have read and heard that Xin Zhao and Olaf can both do so. Is that correct? If so, which one would you recommend and why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each champion?

Or if neither of these champions, which champion (who can fill both these roles) would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

PS- I have 3150 IP

-RightfulSin

t3hep1cf47m4n

08-14-2012

xin zhao:

advantage: can 4 shot everyone short of a tank / tanky DPS. his counters (champs with AS slows) are extremely few and rarely encountered. last picking xin zhao in draft brings unprecedented levels of trollish satisfaction.

disadvantage: curbstomping with a relatively OP champ gets old quick.

KimchiPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

i would choose xin. he's so op it's almost impossible to suck with him. his ganks are really good and his top lane is also good.

olaf on the other hand...laning is his strongest point. he out damages most people, but personally i fall off with him late game cause he takes forever to deal damage and usually cant chase

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Xin OP...that cracks me up. People are so used to him sucking that all the sudden he is 'OP' because he isnt' totally useless now.

I would go with Xin though. Hes easier to play in my opinion and makes for a solid jungler, who is pretty safe when jungling, unlike Olaf who actually needs to stay low health for faster clear time.

When laning though, Olaf is a bit easier. His axe gives him some ranged potential and his true damage does tons of damage without even drawing creep aggro. He can toss axe at a ganker too to help him escape. If an enemy engages and tries to duke it out with him, they generally lose since his attack speed increases as his health percentage decreases. (approaching 100% AS is no joke early on when everyone has .7 max). Especially with his damage-blocking Ult active.

Xin on the other hand is all auto-attack pretty much, with zero range. He has to be careful of when to charge in as he immediately draws creep aggro. He charges, rolls face over keyboard and hopes for the best. Can do lots of damage, BUT if the enemy has a reliable jump-type mechanism or whatever, they can avoid most of his damage and then he is pretty helpless for a while.
Plus, his slow only works offensively so he has no way of avoiding enemy ganks, other than the usual run-like-hell method.
Finally, his Ult isn't exactly ideal for toplane either. Does decent enough damage, but +15 armor/MR at 6 isn't super impressive. Many other champs have better.