[Short Story] A Tribute to the Underappreciated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azraethea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

So I was talking to my friend on Steam, and he mentioned wanting to write fanfics. I was like gief LoL related one pleaaaaase~~ <3
He won't post any he did, so I'm doing it for him. This one is quite short but still awesome. xD

---

Jim was just a young lad when the valiant explorer, Ezreal passed through his town. Stopping merely for a few days of rest and resupply, Ezreal made it his duty to play with the village children in a game of football, as well as helping bring the harvest in before he set off for his next ruin filled adventure.
So when Jim turned to the age of manhood, and saw an advert in the town hall for work in the League, he lept at the chance. It might not be the adventure he had always dreamed of, but at least he would meet his idol again.

After rushing eagerly to the League, a journey that took many weeks, he finally arrived and commenced his entry training. Though the trials and tribulations taxed him to the limits of his endurance, he knew that it would be worth it to fight along side and to protect his idol. So when he first donned those deep purple robes, shield and sword in hand and ran with the rest of his wave it was with a mixture of fear and trepidation.

He knew Ezreal must be nearby, for he saw close to him not only the herculean giant named Pantheon, but also the ardent defender, Taric. It wasn't until he saw the distint glimmer of a flash spell, followed by the unmistakeable PSSHH that heralded an arcane shift that he knew Ezreal was in his lane.

His heart rose to his throat, as he saw Ezreal appear... he didn't even realise that a mystic shot had punctured his chest, leaving a clear hole where his stomach used to be. Jim slammed into the floor, vital fluids leaking as he was trampled by the fresh wave of minions behind him. He hadn't realised he would be fighting against Ezreal, but he wasn't sad, he knew that he was helping Ezreal even now.

YYZed

09-13-2010

This is interesting, and yes you stayed true to your word of "short" story.

Although I always figured the minions were sort of just creatures that were temporarily summoned (and sustained) from the nexus's magic.

Azraethea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Hehe, yeah I think they are - this was just something a little silly though. :3

Mayan Calendar

09-13-2010

I always thought so too nyte, but i liked the idea that there are hundreds of 'volunteer workers' who are funneled into the system like a slaughter house so i just ran with it :3