Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGahbungle

10-31-2012

I just upgraded to Windows 8 a few days ago. The first time I opened LoL it worked fine. I played a game, no issues whatsoever, it ran great. However, I closed out and went to open again and the patcher comes up fine, however the client itself wont open after I press 'play'. I uninstalled/re-installed and after that it worked once, but did the same thing after that. Any help would be great!

jawbreaker09

10-31-2012

I cant download leagues for my new windows 8 and I cant find out why
help

A Feral Druid

10-31-2012

After installing Windows 8 and downloading league of legends back onto this computer, I found I've been getting a lot of bug splats to the point where it wont even let me get past the loading screen! I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it's very irritating especially when you're trying to connect to a ranked game and you're not physically able to. I tried repairing League on the patcher, but it actually made things worse, before that it was just occasional bug splats but now its reoccurring. I'm not sure if this just has to do with my computer but I had Vista before and wasn't having problems. Is this a conflicting problem with League and Windows 8, or are my League files corrupted? I'm looking for some feedback.

pajd05

11-01-2012

i have upgrade to windows 8 and it play fine as soon as this last patch i can not update at all is their any bugs or do i need to reninstall it was playing fine when i installed it

Pawnbroker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

I had windows 7 home premium and recently had some freezing up moments in games on a rare occasion... Thought nothing of it. Upgraded to windows 8 pro for 40 bucks. Now 100% of my games give me constant freezing as my character just sits there unresponsive while everyone else can still play and chat. I have watched countless times as my character stands still and gets killed while I hit all the buttons and click 100 times and nothing happens. The screen just says "Attempting to Reconnect" for about 5 to 15 seconds. It happens every 2 minutes of the game, EVERY GAME. Happens on every map type. I have updated my network card drivers multiple times trying to fix this bug. My video card drivers are up to date for Windows 8.

I do not lose internet connection when it says "attempting to reconnect" I just sit there frozen and watch everyone else in the game play normal and feed on me cause I can't run. My ping does not go up. I play on NA servers from North Carolina with average pings between 30 and 70. I only once stayed frozen this way long enough to see the other players actually freeze and they said I disconnected but I never left the game. That was a one time thing. All other times I can see whats happening and even try to chat. When I send a message it does not get sent until after the "attempting to disconnect" message is gone and I'm able to move again. Delayed responses, delayed messages, normal and stable internet connection, no video errors, keyboard and mouse are wired and do not use batteries, everyone else in the game plays without interruption. This is a server side bug affecting random individual players on both windows 7 and 8 but its WAY WORSE in 8.

Please let me know if you need me to recreate the bug or find a way to record it or something. I'd play ranked but I don't want instant elo drops because the game won't run right.

Pawnbroker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGahbungle View Post
I just upgraded to Windows 8 a few days ago. The first time I opened LoL it worked fine. I played a game, no issues whatsoever, it ran great. However, I closed out and went to open again and the patcher comes up fine, however the client itself wont open after I press 'play'. I uninstalled/re-installed and after that it worked once, but did the same thing after that. Any help would be great!
I just read up to your issue. I've noticed with Windows 8 (when I had the wrong video card driver) my game would crash and that crash would only close the actual GAME I was in, but the lollauncher.exe thing was still running in the background. I was then able to bring up the launcher windows after my crash and it would say I was currently in a game and the big orange "reconnect" button was missing entirely. When I tried to open LoL again I'd get that message saying there were two instances of LoL running and I would click yes to close the first one. Clicking yes had no effect, the first lollauncher.exe never did close and the patcher would just hang like you are describing.

Double check in the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and make sure that lollauncher.exe or other Riot games processes are not stuck running in the background. If they aren't terminating properly then you won't be able to open it again like you say. Ending the process might get you around the problem.

Stranger Ways

11-03-2012

Nightmare

Client does not load Garen's champ image, or show my opponents in ranked Ques. Tried the repair Utility Twice. Nothing. Just Uninstalled and tried to Re-Install. This time I got errors about how the program files do not match. Then the game would not load the launcher screen, just a black screen.

When i could play I had random crashes and huge variation in ping, 80-350 consistant swapping.

Trying to download again

Windows 8 64 Pro

i5-2600k
8 GB 1800 DDR3
HD 7770 2GB
1 TB HDD

CanztaR

11-03-2012

If you get a black screen after game with no result window, do this:

Look on your bottom task bar where the start menu use to be,
Click the desktop icon on the taskbar, after click to LOL Icon.

The desktop with result screen is running behind this blackscreen, its the only issue I have with Win8.

Specs:

Amd A8-3500
8gb 1600
2 x MSI HD7770 -Crossfire
128gb SSD vertex 2

StevePeaches

11-03-2012

Any updates?

lunchbox112

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamichi View Post
i've had quite a few problems with Windows 8. I'll be happy to post the bugs i've kept in mind.
I have as well seems to be laggy and for some reason im ard wired to my router by the way and having to get a patch just to install on windows 8 wassint fun but its a lot of lil things to smoth out