Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bountygiver

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarumiss View Post
Biggest issue with win 8, I've ran all 3 previews and the problem with it is clicking on the bottom left hand corner will either swap to the metro start page(dev and consumer preview) or bring up computer management tools(release preview). The shortcuts work in windowed borderless, fullscreen, and windowed(if you have it filling up the entire screen). This has got me killed often enough to be a problem
I'm using RTM version, don't have this problem. Seems like they have fixed it.

Mkaa00x

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by varinyc View Post
Any interaction that happens too fast crashes the game. I'm serious about any. Loading the client, updating and clicking play, clicking the store icon, adding bots, constantly crashes when connecting to chat, spells sometimes don't level when you click them the first time, switching from masteries to runes, talking while in Queue, post game crashes.

Unrelated but: pando media booster likes to load itself about 8 times and I can't end the process for some odd reason, sound does glitch and makes my speakers pop, any internet radio will slow down while playing LoL (literally the speed of the sound, not the browser or media player). It's not my hardware, and it only happens while playing LoL specifically.

I started out fine, but it happens all the time now. I've completely given up playing ranked because I wait about twice as much as I play due to crashes.

I can and will reproduce every single one of these. It's irritating and I'm about to rip my brain out.
Actually the only 2 problems I have are, the load up screen for spec mode never finishes and the clicking doesnt work but i usually ctrl+q/w/e/r

chaosxkiwi

10-01-2012

Started windows 8 yesterday and played LoL worked fine but this morning all proportions were wrong and writing is blurry dunno what I have done cause all settings are the same help please!

varinyc

10-02-2012

"Adobe AIR has stopped working" Simply from connecting to a game.

Now I have a 20 minute wait because this is the second Q IN A ROW that it's booted me.

Mistryl2

10-03-2012

I have been crashing out of games. I noticed it tends to happen when I reorder my items in my slots, but it doesn't happen all the time. On average, I tend to crash out once or twice per game. The game completely freezes, and then a window stating that LoL has stopped responding pops up. I have to exit the game client, reopen it, and reconnect. I have run the repair and updated my video drivers, and am not sure what is going on, but I do notice that it started happening quite recently. I am not sure, but I am almost suspecting the Syndra patch was the cause of this. But it also happens only on my Windows 8 machine, so I am not sure.

I have attached the logs from my latest game. Going through the logs, it seems that the crash has split the log from the game into two, so I have attached both parts of it, as well as the DxDiag.txt file. If I can get some assistance, that would be greatly appreciated.

Lazreal

10-04-2012

not many bugs occure so I can't tell if its windows 8 or just lol client in general, all in all it runs fine. and I've been on windows 8 since ALPHA.

TOP10 ELO

10-07-2012

fvck windows 8

SnipezShotz

10-08-2012

From what i can tell with the pre released pro version (dont ask me how i got it) windows 8 doesnt see LoL as a compatible program, yet works occasionally at login screens. Getting in-game is the problem though, it results in a bug splat screen. Ive tried to resolve the issue by updating my direct x and recent updates theyve had (which is so far only 1). Windows 8 is still very raw in its form so its not hard to find programs incompatible with it. but as far as i can tell right now....i cant play LoL on windows 8 pro version

SnipezShotz

10-08-2012

Hey guys,

So there are times where the league of legends icon doesnt work, it says the kernel patcher has stopped working and asks me to close the program, but when ran as administrator it works just fine. Now when you get to the home screen, its fine, its when a game starts where it crashes. It starts when the champion select closes and the league of legend icon appear. after that the screen goes black as usual but returns to the desktop with a bug splat. i have sent some reports through bug splat.

I hope these help you, the real version is different from the beta version. goodluck fellow programmers

Brocade

10-11-2012

It seems that there is some compatibility issue with Adobe launcher, maybe because Windows 8 has its own launcher. I haven't been able to catch any logs because I currently have my logs being cleared quite often since I do my own development in Visual Studio.