Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrushakArrankiss

03-05-2013

The only problem I have is logging into your website via windows 8 using firefox. SOme reason I had to configure my windows firewall even supposely, I haven't yet but supposely I have to even though I know it's not my fault. Especially since I could before.

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

03-13-2013

This bug turns my whole desktop black. Whatever it is, it happens right after I click on the shop, or click certain friends, or double click to invite instead of clicking on their plus sign in the invite menu.. It happens everytime the game loads as well. I've found a temporary fix to this problem by ALT+TABing to see preview and click on black screen accordingly to get into a CUSTOM game and change my VIDEO RESOLUTION down, then back up.. Once I change resolution; apply changes, it fixes. I then just switch back to normal resolution. I've tried different default resolutions always the same problem. AMD is known for driver issues too so I didn't know if it's card or OS.

I'm on windows 8
AMD FX-8150;
RAM = 8gb;
AMD RadeonHD 7850 ;
OCz SSD 120gb..

The link below has my original post as well as:
DxDiag.txt is added in attachments with SS step by step with key to understand the timing of when the client goes black.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3042959#post33878326

Pohaze

03-13-2013

Got an asus with windows 8 already on it and works fine.

Zelanthair

03-29-2013

I have never really had any issues using League on my Windows 8 platform. It has crashed only twice since I got my laptop 4-5 months ago. I think the problem that caused the crash was Live Maintenance being done. The only times I crashed were days where live maintenance was being performed.

Jerros

03-29-2013

Playing on windows 8 and often get the message "cannot connect due to firewall" thingy after champion select. Even when the firewall is inactive, the game will not load resulting in a 4v5.
Even when relaunching the client and reconnecting to the game, the same error will occur.
The way I am fixing it now, is that whenever the error happens (about 30% of the time it seems) I go to the task manager and shut down ALL LOL-related processes and programs, including the Adobe thingys.
Then, I do RUN: ipconfig /flushdns
After that, the game will usually reconnect without problems.
Yes I have disabled all firewalls, ánd added exeptions for all LOL-programms as described elsewhere in the forums. I simply cannot reconnect untill after closing all LOL processes and programs, and doing /flushdns.

Windows 8
4 GB RAM
64-Bit OS
AMD-A6-4400M APU Radeon HD Graphics
2.7 GHz Processor

furiousjorge

03-29-2013

So I'm sure that everyone knows by now that the BEST part of Windows 8 is flicking one's mouse cursor to the bottom left of the screen to bring up the Metro (sort of sarcasm, it's also not that bad). Unfortunately, since patch 3.0.5, this lovely Windows feature is detected [B]while in game[B], which means that every time I click near the bottom left corner of the screen, I am immediately thrown out of the Lol client and into the metro. Gamebreaking? No, not so much. Irritating as can be? You bet. There's nothing worse than sitting in an intense teamfight and all of a sudden Lol client is replaced with your start menu. Didn't this problem with Windows 8 prior to 3.0.5, so either something changed, or I was lucky enough to steer clear of the bottom left corner (which I doubt).

Astrosquatch

04-05-2013

Dealt with black screens after every game, using store, runes etc. Tried all the fixes in this thread and a Riot support ticket with no luck. Then today I thought I would try to reactivate my windows firewall (something riot told me not to do) and then make sure every executable had its own open pathway.

Control Panel >> System and Security >> Windows Firewall >> Allowed Apps

use this website to find the pathways for what you need to open up
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20132793-Firewall-Configuration-for-League-of-Legends
(scroll down to Configuring your Firewall's Exceptions for League of Legends)

After allowing all 5 manually through the firewall I have not had a problem yet

WarrLordd

04-09-2013

Didn't want to open a new thread but sometimes not all the time if I click on the shop/profile tabs in fact any.i get a full black screen.. However if i simply just Alt + Tab to the desktop it works normal after.

Also riot needs to work on their resolution for the home menu on 1366x786 ...
Oh and riot needs to allow trading skins.. need something new for a change.

Entheos Geon

04-13-2013

Oop'd.

Biopanda

Recruiter

04-13-2013

No trouble with Windows 8. It runs perfectly fine.