Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

support hero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Detailed Description: I've been running Windows 8 for about a month and I've experienced no problems with my client until yesterday. While I was in queue, I had bug splat 2 times in 3 hours, in which I was disconnected from my game and got the "30 minute" and "60 minute" wait. I read some forum posts that explained how it might be a bug caused with Lol Recorder. Today I tried to play a few more games (with Lol Recorder off) I got "adobe air client has stopped working" every time I tried to queue a game. Right now I have a 60 minute wait before I can queue again because of this error.

Edit: it seems that only ranked games crash the client. I tried multiple normal games without any problems but as soon as I queue a ranked game it crashes in champion select.

c0wbell

01-30-2013

The League of Legends pre-install program that downloads the installer files crashes in Windows 8, just before it would begin downloads, unless it run in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Please correct this program.

LeagueofLegends.exe (no version information available)

C:\Users\andrew\Desktop>specs os hardware
Specs:

specs 0.2
https://github.com/mcandre/specs#readme

systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
OS Version: 6.2.9200 N/A Build 9200

systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"System Manufacturer" /C:"System Model"
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: MacBookPro5,5

Banned Lulu

02-02-2013

yeah for me I have played LoL on Windows 8 and no problems at all

M1ST4K3N

02-05-2013

The only major problem I have so far is not being able to minimize my game. If I do I get a bug splat error.

Oses

02-06-2013

Running Windows 8 off an SSD, with League on my HDD, the launcher/client seems to randomly bug to where if I click anything it just gives the button the "pushed in" effect and this stays, even if you click again. If I then move the mouse to another button in the launcher, the "pushed in" effect switches the button you are now hovering over, without pressing any buttons on the mouse. Once in this state mouse buttons have no effect, including the Minimize and Exit buttons, or if the queue pops, the enter game or leave game buttons, as well as any links or buttons on the page of the launcher you are currently on.

PsychoKnightmare

02-12-2013

I installed Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago and ever since then I have experienced the same error. Every game I play, every few minutes (or more frequently if there is a team fight occuring) I lag and get the "attempting to reconnect" message, even though my ms sits between 150-170 at all other times. Previously I played on Windows 7 and experienced no problems at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and updated all drivers but it has had zero effect.
Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Worlds Smu Giest

02-19-2013

I've been having issues where I get black screens that pop up like it's loading a full-screen program but you can alt tab through the other windows showing that nothing is coming up. This usually occurs when i mess with rune pages or try and go to the shop without first playing a match. I had this problem once before but I fixed it when i was running xp.

Currently on Win8 running it on win xp sp3 compatibility mode.

-~; BIG UPDATE;~-

SO after ****ing around with some **** after a while I figured out so stuff. When messing with rune pages it was giving me the same black screen. SO I do a rune page, blinded by the black screen and when I finish it the black screen went away. Saved rune page and have yet to have the issue again while client remains active. I have not yet tried restarting the client to see if it works or not but this is a key area to test for this issue.

butterbeak

02-20-2013

I have windows 8 and whenever I try to play either Proving Grounds or Twisted Treeline the game always crahses and Bug Splat comes up saying the file "i" Is not working. I reinstalled the game and now after i click "Play" On the PVP Launcher the game just doesnt even come up. I cant go into the game anymore and this is REALLY annoying.

butterbeak

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanetsugu View Post
Detailed Description: Every time I go to load a game, it gives me a bug splat

Reproduction Steps: Start up league and go into Custom Game. Pick Champion then Lock in. After countdown it just crashes to a bug splat.
This happens to me ALL the time. I have WIndows 8 and i always have Bug Splat

BluePriest

03-04-2013

If you are using windows 8, and are having trouble logging in, or just a laggy log in screen in general, disable the menu animations. This has nothing to do witht he power of your pc. I have a windows 8 pc, with an i5 and gtx 660 in it. I can run league, diablo 3, and mech warriors online all on the highest setting. If I have the log in animations enabled though, it will just freeze after entering my UN/PW. If I check disable animations, then it stops lagging immediately and I can log in. Not sure if this is just related to the quinn and valor patch or what though.