Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fyc888

01-24-2013

Super duper memory leak after Thresh patch on windows 8.... Every few games it prompts for over memory usage and high memory usage for LOL client..

Omanicle

01-24-2013

It would be awesome if you could make a live tile for windows 8, perhaps alternating all the champions in league of legends

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

01-25-2013

I'm on windows 8 with AMD FX-8150; 8GB Ram; AMD RadeonHD 7850.

Everytime after champion select and game loads up my desktop will turn black, as if the client is bugged out. When I finish the game, it's still blacked out. I can press ALT+TAB and see a PERFECT preview of the client and even people typing in the lobby after game. As soon as I click on the ALT+TAB Preview to respond, EVERYTHING goes black again. I must exit out of client and restart to rid of the black desktop error.

I have installed Adobe Air 3.5 and Flash and other Adobe products just to be sure. I've tried to repair client, everything short of a full re-install (I am about to do this.) It gets old, only being able to play one game, then relogging. I am not sure if it's ONLY W8 causing this or if an error software side.I know for a fact previously it worked just fine and one day (I believe after Thresh Patch) things went haywire.

I've scoured the forums and google for similar issues. I can always find multiple issues; never a solution. I notice I AMD always has more issues than Nvidia GPU's, especially with League.. I don't care if it's AMD's fault or Riots slacking- this is ridiculous to deal with.. Anyways I will return to this post and let you know how it goes after I do a complete re-install... Good luck to all..

(Before patch Windows 8 had no errors with LoL- atleast on my machine)

-------------------------------------------AFTER COMPLETE REMOVAL PLUS RE-INSTALL (re-downloaded install files even)------------------------------------------------

Same error. My desktop goes black after champ load, and EVEN IF I just click on the shop.. It's supremely annoying, and I can't purchase anything in shop without holding alt+tab to see the client, then holding ALT to move the mouse to where I want to click. Then after I click it all goes black again so I must hold alt+tab til I see client window, continue holding alt, and click... EVERY SINGLE TIME I click, I must do the alt+tab preview to see where to click next... Setting my masteries/runes is REALLY ANNOYING... I don't think I'll buy any RP this week or even play very much. Everything was fine before Thresh Patch :|... I get graphical anomalies when playing and I just tolerated that, but now.. I don't even feel like playing with as sloppy as this patch has made the client..

BeansorDeath

01-25-2013

pvp patcher kernel wont open now. comes up with box over it that makes me force close it and now i cant join games.

lantius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Exelent working but, Adobe Air crashes all the time once i get back to my home I'll uninstall the game and install it again and report once again.
DA LANTIUS MAN!

Lunar Ryuu

01-27-2013

So my problem started out Adobe Air crashes I never had a problem in game but before a game I would get it in queue or when the game ended nothing would come up. So I decided after looking at forums, I would re-install. After reinstallation now the game wont even get to the log in screen i keep getting a pop up "PVP.net Patcher Kernal has stopped working" and im very upset cause it was working before (maybe not 100% but working) and now it wont. i know this issue will be solved cause windows 8 just came out and it has bugs but please hurry i like playing league! =(

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

the graphics look a bit out of focus but that's about it for me

AJStarhiker

01-29-2013

I don't know if anyone else is getting this (I'd made another thread because I'd missed this one), but I've found I'm accidentally minimizing the client when I click near the top of the screen. I'll have to wait till I get home before I can play and replicate it.

The first couple times it happened, I thought my iTunes miniplayer might have caused it, but I started playing with iTunes either minimized or with the window open but not in full screen view with the top lower than the top of the screen. I still happened, so I'm thinking if it might be an interaction with the pull-down method W8 uses to shut down apps.

I'll be back later and post the requested logs.

H3ADSYN

01-29-2013

I'm On Win8 And Its Really Good But Sometimes it crashes i tried to install another version of Adobe... Still crashes. So i copied all the files from the adobe Folder in program files to the adobe folder in League of legends. and Succes! No more crash.... the thing is that now my LOLReplay doesnt work as good as before....

AJStarhiker

01-29-2013

Ok, I'm back. I ran a solo custom game so I wouldn't be experimenting in normal/ranked.

This one had iTunes in the miniplayer mode and took a couple minutes to get the bug to work.

I'm not sure what, exactly, I did to make it work, but I tried intentionally clicking (both right and left) at the top of the screen but nothing happened. I started farming minions mid. At one point, I clicked in the right spot along the top edge of the screen and LoL minimized to the task bar.