Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drcool52

01-19-2013

every ow and then like once like 3 or 4 days the client crashes when summoning. and you have to log back in and reconnect.

Naidai

01-21-2013

Frequently receive adobe air crashes, when matchmaking. While alone it seems a small problem, when combined with ranked queues, it prevents me from playing for hours at times.

Pantecks

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blck3on View Post
Been playing LoL on Win 8 for 2 months...

Selecting champ too fast pops the "This champ is already selected" message
Client crashes post end games sometime
I can confirm these bugs, not sure if they are W8 related, though.

Also, game gets stuck at the "Loading for stats..." screen sometimes.

xCezium

01-21-2013

Been having pretty bad problems with the client crashing during champion select and when logging in. it also happens occasionally soon after i log in (like within 15-20 seconds)

i only have problems with it crashing on log in the first time i attempt to log in, after that it's usually ok. the champion select ones are really, really obnoxious though because in ranked queues it's killer and i'd rather not get banned for dodging queues too often :/

Bertha Boop

01-21-2013

TO FIX ADOBE AIR CRASHES IN CHAMP SELECT ETC...

Install Adobe Air 3.5, then, navigate to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions) Copy the entire 1.0 folder and then navigate to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.XXX\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions . Delete the 1.0 folder in this directory and paste the one you copied earlier.

Naidai

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha Boop View Post
TO FIX ADOBE AIR CRASHES IN CHAMP SELECT ETC...

Install Adobe Air 3.5, then, navigate to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions) Copy the entire 1.0 folder and then navigate to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.XXX\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions . Delete the 1.0 folder in this directory and paste the one you copied earlier.
Have had no problems after doing this, thanks a ton! Was about to pull my hair out.

Bertha Boop

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flw View Post
Have had no problems after doing this, thanks a ton! Was about to pull my hair out.
The only problem you should have now is LoLReplay not showing any of the stats on the recordings preview, if you use it. Better than the client always crashing though :x

BeansorDeath

01-23-2013

I currently run Win8, and right now I get a bug after game where it closes the game client and doesn't reopen aftergame client. I then have to reopen LoL launcher client, which gives me option to terminate old client.

Bertha Boop

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansorDeath View Post
I currently run Win8, and right now I get a bug after game where it closes the game client and doesn't reopen aftergame client. I then have to reopen LoL launcher client, which gives me option to terminate old client.
TO FIX YOUR CLIENT CLOSING AFTER EVERY GAME

This fix takes a bit of effort, make sure you READ CAREFULLY OR WILL LIKELY HAVE TO DO A REINSTALL.

You go into your rads\projects (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) folder and delete both air clients, and the lol launcher folder. Back out and then go into downloads and delete the contents in there. Back out and go into solutions and delete the client folder there..........IMPORTANT..........

DO NOT DELETE THE MAIN FOLDERS, such as, dont delete the solutions folder, just the folders and stuff in it as an example. If you delete the entire main folder, you will delete game data and be back to square one.

After you have deleted the material I have listed you reboot, after rebooting, right click your league launcher and run as adminsitrator, it will then patch.

Problem and why it's causing it; Riot has not updated thier client with pando. Therefore it downloads an outdated version which has conflicting files. Now when you download it you wind up with errors on the install. Deleting the associating files will cause a redownload directly from riot and should fix most of your errors.

A Wild Bulbasaur

01-23-2013

After the past weeks update I started to get a bad frame about every 5 seconds. It adds random little symbols and such to the screen for a split second as well as occasionally adding some odd texture over player portraits and the mini map. I am running windows 8 and the game is at max graphics. Here are my PC specs, maybe they will help.

AMD 8-core Zamboni processor
16GB DDR3 ram
AMD Raedon 7800 series video card with 2GB of dedicated memory
1TB 7200 RPM HD

So as you can see, I obviously do not have a problem running this game haha, but I think there is a conflict with windows 8. I have reinstalled the game trying to fix it and that did not remedy the issue.

Thanks!