Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corsmos

01-03-2013

My client just crashed during Ranked team select. I believe it has to do with Windows 8, seeing as how the Adobe AIR client keeps crashing during team select for me. I've never had this issue until getting Windows 8 and now I have to wait 30 minutes for my "abandonment during champion select" even though it was at no fault of my own.

Tl;Dr, The client crashed and I was given a 30 minute wait time because my client crashed during team select on a Windows 8 PC.

GIANTSCORPION

01-04-2013

i play LOL in win 8 and not have problms, only one minors relass with control of users in others games

only execute with administrator and not have problems

GIANTSCORPION

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsmos View Post
My client just crashed during Ranked team select. I believe it has to do with Windows 8, seeing as how the Adobe AIR client keeps crashing during team select for me. I've never had this issue until getting Windows 8 and now I have to wait 30 minutes for my "abandonment during champion select" even though it was at no fault of my own.

Tl;Dr, The client crashed and I was given a 30 minute wait time because my client crashed during team select on a Windows 8 PC.
Test Fix Client and disable (UAC) Account Control i no have problems later of desable (UAC)

Kierphe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Installed Windows 8 Pro the other day, and League loads significantly more slowly now. I used to be one of the first done (using a quad core processor and a solid state drive). Now I'm on the latter half. Odd..

WEJIFIER

01-05-2013

Detailed Description: Screen Goes Black When Going To Store
Reproduction Steps: Open League of Legends Client, Login, Select Store, Full screen goes black
DxDiag: n/a
r3dlogs: n/a

Running Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit
GeForce 670 - (Drivers updated and installed correctly from Nvidia's site)
Intel 3770k Running Stock @ 3.5 ghz
16 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
Intel 520 Series SSD 240 GB

Northreyar

01-06-2013

i have been ruuning league with no issues so far, just the common bugsplat when i change tabs at champion loading screen jajaja.

but there is something, i dont know if its a problem of compat. with my mouse or the game itself, bt sometimes my champion doesnt move at all and doesnt respond to my clicks, when i right click he starts dancing and when i left click he yellow pings the map

lvl99wc

01-06-2013

hey there,

No new problems with windows 8. Still the same problems from windows 7: window loads off center and some loading error about "retrying."

Main problem is that there isn't a sticky with how to fix a common bug.

Bertha Boop

01-08-2013

TO FIX YOUR CLIENT CLOSING AFTER EVERY GAME

This fix takes a bit of effort, make sure you READ CAREFULLY OR WILL LIKELY HAVE TO DO A REINSTALL.

You go into your rads\projects (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) folder and delete both air clients, and the lol launcher folder. Back out and then go into downloads and delete the contents in there. Back out and go into solutions and delete the client folder there..........IMPORTANT..........

DO NOT DELETE THE MAIN FOLDERS, such as, dont delete the solutions folder, just the folders and stuff in it as an example. If you delete the entire main folder, you will delete game data and be back to square one.

After you have deleted the material I have listed you reboot, after rebooting, right click your league launcher and run as adminsitrator, it will then patch.

Problem and why it's causing it; Riot has not updated thier client with pando. Therefore it downloads an outdated version which has conflicting files. Now when you download it you wind up with errors on the install. Deleting the associating files will cause a redownload directly from riot and should fix most of your errors.

TO FIX ADOBE AIR CRASHES IN CHAMP SELECT ETC...

Install Adobe Air 3.5, then, navigate to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions) Copy the entire 1.0 folder and then navigate to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.XXX\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions . Delete the 1.0 folder in this directory and paste the one you copied earlier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing both of these things fixed all the problems with the client for me. The only problem I have left is with LoLReplay not showing any of the stats on my recordings (stats record if I leave my Adobe Air at 3.1). HERE IS THE KICKER, my client still crashes from Adobe Air if it isn't completely updated (3.5 at this point) so you can choose from either being able to see stats in LoLReplay, or having your game not crash :|.

owlmazing

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
It runs basically identically to how it runs in Windows 7. However, better integration into the Windows 8 metro environment would be pretty awesome, perhaps a Metro client to replace the air client?
Please no, Metro UI and its associated elements (i.e. the app store thing) are a cancer upon what would have been an otherwise great operating system.

ENNRY2

Recruiter

01-11-2013

idk if it because ive took my lol client from a windows 7 to play on windows 8 but i have a fps drop problem
my pc has an geforce gt 630m graphic card and 4gb or ram and also i dont have this problem with other games i play so any of you know how to help me with this ?