Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarriorVN

12-04-2012

I keep getting frozen one or two times a game and it has been happening for the last few days. My pc is new and run on window 8.

Graphic is not the reason because i have a strong video card and processor. My PC is for gaming. Now I can't even play a LoL game without getting frozen. When it freezes, I can't even Alt+Tab to get out. I have to use Ctrl+Alt+del to turn the game off and then reconnect. Last game it froze again after few minutes from the first freezing

WhiteOreoCookie

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Login issue during log in screen. When you attempt enter log in details and press Log In, the screen just hangs up while the background animation is still playing. Only way to fix is to restart the client, only happens sometimes.

AND

In the friends list, no label indicating how long a players has been into the game. (ie. Playing for 35 minutes...) Missing text.

AND

Random crashes after the summary page after a match has been completed. The client just closes and have to re-launch the client while the summary page is skipped.

DKCrayola

12-08-2012

This is my experince! http://imgur.com/aCXpK

Babychu

12-11-2012

Windows 8 keeps minimizing my lol especially when i click on the right side like the map. it always takes me out of the game and I'm always having to reopen the window.

ash catchemaII

12-11-2012

I have noticed that the game runs very nice on my old HP pavillion. Windows 8 preview release seems to like applications. I love this game, although, one thing i think that needs reworking is the options for the HUD in game.

The minimap gets in the way and i think you should have the ability to either hide it or suppress the actions on it unless you like double click or keystroke + click.

Other than that, the game runes great on the preview!

ash catchemaII

12-11-2012

Quote:
TwotimeX:
Windows 8 keeps minimizing my lol especially when i click on the right side like the map. it always takes me out of the game and I'm always having to reopen the window.

Skype maybe? That seems to be an issue with all air launcher games. Skype cant be seen, but takes precidence over them game =D ah well. Flash needs to fix that one

Zazzoo

12-11-2012

Okay so I run Windows 8 and this has happened to me three times now in PvP games and also once when I tested the problem in a custom game. When I click and drag an item in my inventory, the screen immediately freezes and I'm left with no choice but to Ctrl alt Delete into my task manager and rapidly click on my desktop to get out of the game which terminates. Then I can start the game back up with relative easy and reconnect, but it's really quite annoying and it is consistently happening with me. Also my desktop has great specs the only issue I can think of is Windows 8 because none of my friends have this problem. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also it's possible that only my third and onward inventory slots are glitched and they might only become glitched after ten or so minutes in game. I always have trouble with this mid to late game when I but an activate item in my third or fourth slot that I want to relocate to slot 1 to make it easier.

Psychotic Draven

12-13-2012

Using w8 developer edition with no issues at all. However, I tried using a different machine on windows 8 with lower system specs and couldn't get it to run at all.

DepoTheDestroyer

12-13-2012

I'm using Windows 8, no problems to report specific to this OS so far.

MdxBhmt

12-21-2012

Quote:
DKCrayola:
This is my experince! http://imgur.com/aCXpK

This is the only thing I have to report about w8.