Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrannnyPls

11-27-2012

My problem is when I minimize LoL it crashes and now i have a 30 min ban :/ to join solo

Macromute

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

If you cannot log into LoL in Windows8;
Set the program to 'run as administrator', anything running outside user files usually is set to precaution/protection so the same issue would apply to many other games running from Program Files x86/etc.

Simonton

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagCheney View Post
Client always crashes post game, so you never get a end game report.
If you select a champ too fast also you will get an adobe air debug message.
this is happening to me too, also there is a lot (A LOT) of lag time when using menus to set key bindings and such, enough that I've been kicked from game for inactivity. on that note i'd really happy if you would work on a way to edit settings outside of the actual game.

epicflyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

My cousin runs windows eight, and whenever Nautilus is on either team he gets a blue screen instead of the naut picture during loading, and the game almot always crashes at some point. Never had a crash when Naut is not in game.

Namvis

11-30-2012

I just bought new computer with windows 8.

I played lol game 5times so far. it crashes 4 times. Almost once in each game.

it seems like in the game whenever i am at base buying the healing portion, it crashes.

the screen just stops there, can't close the game client or do anything.

so i have to restart my computer and try to go in the game again. fortunately this works.

i just don't like the fact that i disconnected and reconnect to play the game.

please help

FunRoom

12-02-2012

Some graphics would be bugged in Windows 8. Like fizz's shark would appeared to be a big green box, or the nexus floating thing would be a flat flying paper. But these glitches only happen from time to time. Just when that shark bumps out, it is quite scary. Oh and by the way, these glitches would only appear in proving grounds, to me.

AngelicRapture

12-02-2012

Windows 8 installation seems to be changing people's static IP. At least in our work area. the people we've tested with windows 8 all have had connection issues, the only thing we had to do was change thier static IP adress back to the one they initially were given by our ISP.

CKTofu

12-04-2012

Probably known issues, but:

Crashes on trying to change from fullscreen to windowed or borderless (cannot successfully change in the cfg file either)

Crashes on trying to change the resolution.

Crashes on alt-tabbing out in fullscreen mode (can't test borderless, since I can't activate the setting.

Custom graphics setting don't stick properly. Always returns to auto mode, keeping the graphics settings I change, but dropping the resolution.

I had a strange issue in one game, that never showed up again. Strange graphical issues where small lines of textures were being spread across the screen, from spots not visible from my camera view. Only happened once, so no idea what caused it.

Windows 8 x64

I'll update with my dxdiag and crash logs when I get home.

owlmazing

12-04-2012

Riot, whatever you do, I'd advise keeping the focus and primary target platform of this game away from windows 8 until Microsoft releases an OS that is actually gamer-friendly again or fixes Win8 to be so. Windows 7 is currently the gaming OS of choice and I don't think I'm alone in saying I would hate to have to switch over to that wannabe smart phone of an OS to continue fully enjoying League.

YelluhJelluh

12-04-2012

I'm not sure if it's because I have Windows 8 or not, but when I try to play the game just instantly crashes when it loads into the match. Also, the loading screen is HEAVILY glitched, and it's like this every match.