Mid August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SovietConscript

08-15-2012

Overall, I think the patch is very good. Good fixes and reworks for Garen and Katarina and time will tell how they work in play. However, I'm a bit miffed about the AP reduction for Teemo. It seems like Riot doesn't want people to play Teemo as an AP character any more. First the shrooms got a huge damage reduction nerf and now they're doing a poison dart nerf. The patch only makes DPS Teemoes happy since their poison dart does more damage without building any AP. For people who play AP Teemo is makes the build harder to work with since we're doing less and less damage as the game goes on. All that's left is to make Blind Dart have a longer blind and deal no damage and the AP Teemo's destruction will be complete.

Rofl Bluwaffle

08-15-2012

WOW to the guy above me they reduced the dot 4% ap ratio and raised his on hit 30% ap ratio. HOW THE F do you play teemo that the 4% on his dot is going to brake him and the extra 30% on hit means nothing.

btw why did you play him full ap anyway. if you need a mage there are a lot to choose from

Unique Kantilope

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerGymSox View Post
what are you talking about? he only got nerfed for SOME of his early game stats because they buffed his late game. Have you even played him since the patch? I just played a game vs. Nasus at solo top and completely destroyed him every single time.
nasus has a bad early game and garen counters nasus's only cc hard. i'd really hope u destroy him.

while i like that minions no longer break his passive ( the most annoying thing in LoL for me )
and that his Q can crit
the rest of his buffs are very "eh"
and the slow removal being moved to his Q is inhibiting. if they actually wanted to help him they'd put it on his W. plus it's make more sense as he often shouts "CHARGE!" when he uses it.

but his judgement was nerfed in a way that nullifies any of the slight buffs he recieved.
they said they wanted him to scale better into the late game and to be able to use his E for damage. it now scales worse into the late game... and the nerf to his psuedo-ghostwalk is rather pointless. it makes an already immobile champ that relies on melee range even more immobile.

oddly enough tank-garen received a full buff across the board (except fr where they moved his slow-cleanse). but tank-garen is just so innately bad, utterly **** initiation, and one single target CC... sounds like a solid tank to me =/

apocaypse

08-15-2012

were the hell was the much needed nurf on darius's ult!

The Haunting

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Kantilope View Post
while i like that minions no longer break his passive ( the most annoying thing in LoL for me )
and that his Q can crit
the rest of his buffs are very "eh"
and the slow removal being moved to his Q is inhibiting. if they actually wanted to help him they'd put it on his W. plus it's make more sense as he often shouts "CHARGE!" when he uses it.

but his judgement was nerfed in a way that nullifies any of the slight buffs he recieved.
they said they wanted him to scale better into the late game and to be able to use his E for damage. it now scales worse into the late game... and the nerf to his psuedo-ghostwalk is rather pointless. it makes an already immobile champ that relies on melee range even more immobile.

oddly enough tank-garen received a full buff across the board (except fr where they moved his slow-cleanse). but tank-garen is just so innately bad, utterly **** initiation, and one single target CC... sounds like a solid tank to me =/
Pretty much that.

Garen was, in actuality, nerfed.

The most upsetting for me are the altering of his slow-removal and the nerf to his, as Kantilope put it, pseudo-ghostwalk. You took a guy with an interesting way of closing a gap - and worsened it.

I thought "things that are interesting and encourage decision making" were the Riot way.

With movement speed and slow-removal on two different abilities you had more decisions to make. Based on distance to the target, creeps/champions in the way, (brush/vision), whether or not you can/will be slowed... Q Up to Close Gap, save it to chase or keep E in range? Spin first or save it to break slow? Cancel the spin early to land the Q/Silence (which now has a shorter buff duration so you'll lose it if you use Q to stay in range with E or any number of other scenarios)?

I'm not mad... just upset.

Sicarius10

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Haunting View Post
Pretty much that.

Garen was, in actuality, nerfed.

The most upsetting for me are the altering of his slow-removal and the nerf to his, as Kantilope put it, pseudo-ghostwalk. You took a guy with an interesting way of closing a gap - and worsened it.

I thought "things that are interesting and encourage decision making" were the Riot way.

With movement speed and slow-removal on two different abilities you had more decisions to make. Based on distance to the target, creeps/champions in the way, (brush/vision), whether or not you can/will be slowed... Q Up to Close Gap, save it to chase or keep E in range? Spin first or save it to break slow? Cancel the spin early to land the Q/Silence (which now has a shorter buff duration so you'll lose it if you use Q to stay in range with E or any number of other scenarios)?

I'm not mad... just upset.
This. So much this. Well said, good sir.

ranruy

08-15-2012

To the people saying taunts don't work the keys were changed around. Its no longer the shift key, you have to use the control key + 1-4.

thickpickle

08-15-2012

i think the health reduce of 900 on the turrets seems a little much, it will be way to easy to take peoples towers in a single death now, so for those who die then lose the tower in that one death now are likely to have that happen alot more
and garens passive now works thro minion damage?? that seems a lil unnecessary if you ask me
but other than that looks good!!

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

OMFG Riot..

You changed the keyboard shortcut keys... how this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes blows my mind.

Now instead of Laughing I ended up wasting my Zhonya's. TY very much

Sicarius10

08-15-2012

Oh, also, I noticed that the sound of Judgment goes for longer than the animation or attack.