Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid August Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scattattack666

08-15-2012

buff orianna W please!!!!!!

KillaMurda

08-15-2012

Make new maps please 3 maps is not enough at this point in time also try new scenarios like 10 vs 10 or 2 vs 2 . new maps and more options for normal matches please ....oh and a Spider Type champ that can climb over jungle walls and web and poison ect. would be amazing

Critmaster Garen

08-15-2012

Quote:
Mipesuves:
Yeah, a 400 damage difference isn't much... /sarcasm.

because she got killer instincts for free and a completely new aoe damage skill in its place?

im not arguing, how hard her new kit is to use, but the damage on her kit was split over 3 abilities and all of her "missing skill" damage was placed on her ult.

Goddess Din

08-15-2012

"The main HUD health and mana bars will now display regen per second as opposed to regen per 5 seconds"

BEST.CHANGE.EVER.OMG

Thank you Riot! <3

Felderak

08-15-2012

Glad they buffing varus, confused on why they nerfing zyra. i played her a coulpe times this weeks, and she did ok early to mid game, but by end game she just didnt have the oomf to do any real good imo. But eh yay varus!

BANE of H3RO

08-15-2012

To Riot:
I love seeing what you guys do and the way you make the game better. This patch makes me want to say gj to guys, except for 1 thing: Garen's slow remove.

In my opinion, it made more sense to keep it on judgement (shake it off) rather than switch it to desicive strike (charge in/out)
Ex: Garen (me) vs. Nasus (him) both with level 1 boots - while he is farming minions in front of me, I choose to close the gap with desicive strike, but he uses wither on me when he sees this.
Before, I could spin to win to shake the slow and get close and, if he doesnt get under his turret, silence him when judgement is over.
Now, I have to give up because I used my slow remove to try and close the gap.
This reason specifically is not only laning, but late game aswell when many slows are coming in because when i see a garen charge at me with desicive strike, i think slow or stun him to get away, especially when I'm low on health.

Overall, this patch was awesome, but although garen got a buff, this slow remove change crippled his gameplay tactics aswell. My advice, change it back to judgement, and if not, atleast tell me why you won't, whether for the reason stated or something else, and I would like a reason for this besides "it makes sense for what it does already" (54 sec), because this 1 change is more critical than it seems.

amerricka

08-15-2012

Upvote if you think Garen got a buff.
Down vote if you think he was nerfed.

Critmaster Garen

08-15-2012

Quote:
Mipesuves:
Actually, that's a buff...

Which is better? Total AD ratio or bonus AD ratio?
To me, total is better.

its still a nerf. his new courage passive will force him to drop one offensive item for a defensive item, to gain the same bonus out of it as before. he will end up with overall less damage than before. most of what these changes did to his lategame, was force him to build more tanky and less damage.

plus the 20% slow, when he spins on creeps will be abused by any halfway decent player, to kite him to no end. this is the worst change of all, because its an effective lategame nerf on his already weak mobility. every fight, where creeps are around, this nerf alone will make any possible lategame buffs he got out of these changes mute.

it wont make much of a difference how much damage his spin does, if he cant keep his opponent in range.

xypherous placed this 20% slow on the spin, because he felt that there was not enough counterplay against garen in lane. problem is, that the counterplay was in his complete melee focused kit, combined with a relatively weak gap closer (medicore movement speed bonus as opposed to instant gap closers like dashes, jumps etc.). the difficulty in return to garens strong early damage, was getting into range in the fist place.

the SAME arguments, why they gave darius such a retardedly strong early game by the way. so where are his damage nerfs to make him less abusive in lane? where are olafs, where are jax, where are pantheons, where are xins, where are rivens...? all of those guys have more mobility/utility while their damage in laning is at least as abusive as garens before the nerfs.

point is, his laning was fine and not in need of nerfs. even if they are planning on tuning all of the other top lane champions down to his new level. how long will that take? was it really necessary to cripple his early game in one huge punch to the nuts instead of keeping it even at the current powerlevel in top lane and tuning everyone down together step by step?

Natetheking1

08-15-2012

riot games i am having a log in problem after this recent patch i'll inter ,y password but it says an error has occured and i've tried what it says do and it still wont work, and this is the first time this has ever happened.

Timme Der Hoser

08-15-2012

Quote:
Ethri:
AP teemo is now 3x more scary....

I tried the enhanced Teemo for the first time, and the reaction of opponents to my one-shot kills (AP Teemo, of course) was:

"What the hell??"

The first three shots were deadly to three opponents.

YEAH!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!