Am I OP? Katrina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamydischarge

11-12-2009

Kat sucks giant monkey dick

Daikaze

11-12-2009

She's an Assassin type champ like Shaco, Twitch, or Eve. She excels at killing other champions, but is particularly susceptible to crowd control; These types lack pushing power, but their ability to harass helps keep the enemy from being able to counter push.

Ligr

11-12-2009

Katarina is an assasin hero. Her job is to kill champions. However, she can be countered by any half-decent team. All you have to do is wait for her to jump and stun once she casts her ulti. That's about it.

This is what assasins do. They dish out a lot of damage, but they are terrible suspectible to CC and focus fire. I have the same with Ashe. If the enemy team is incompetent, I just steamroll them with tons of damage. However, even in endgame, a few seconds of good focus fire and CC makes me a dead ashe.

Herzy

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligr View Post
Katarina is an assasin hero. Her job is to kill champions. However, she can be countered by any half-decent team. All you have to do is wait for her to jump and stun once she casts her ulti. That's about it.

This is what assasins do. They dish out a lot of damage, but they are terrible suspectible to CC and focus fire. I have the same with Ashe. If the enemy team is incompetent, I just steamroll them with tons of damage. However, even in endgame, a few seconds of good focus fire and CC makes me a dead ashe.
Late game she loses all her power.
All she can really do is shunpo into team fights, cast her ult, and hope to god nobody sees her/she actually does some good.
Early to mid-game, she's a killer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikaze View Post
She's an Assassin type champ like Shaco, Twitch, or Eve. She excels at killing other champions, but is particularly susceptible to crowd control; These types lack pushing power, but their ability to harass helps keep the enemy from being able to counter push.
Agreed.
But again, this is of no use late game.
Which is when Kat starts to lag behind.

RyuuKitten

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazhard View Post
I'm not going to say that Katarina is or isn't OP, but this is not the first time I see LoL forum the argument "It's not OP, just FOCUS/CC him/her and you hurt/easily kill that champ"

In my very very short experience in this game I know that (more or less at the same level/build) if a champ is focused/cced there is nothing to do and 99% you are dead.

The only ways I consider to get away a CC/focus are cleanse and flesh, and are summoner spells, so, everyone can take and use them in the right way.
He's not talking about controling her, he's talking about the fact that any form of silence, stun, knockback or knockup will break the channel of her ult, which is her most threatening part. If you see a kat, save SOME kind of ability to break her ult, then all she's got is her Q and E + autoattacks. If she's AP you have completely neutered her (grats) if she's phys, she can still hit fairly hard and has great escaping capability, but her main threat is gone.

So I would say Kat is as balanced as Fiddle or anyone else with a "If you don't do something about this ult, it's gonna destroy you"

Herzy

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
So I would say Kat is as balanced as Fiddle or anyone else with a "If you don't do something about this ult, it's gonna destroy you"
I liked that.
But agreed.
And if you know Kat's there, I don't see any single reason that her ult should do any good.

I'd assume you'll change your opinion of her whenever you start playing better people.

Ydriel

11-12-2009

If anything, I'd say she needs a slight remake. Even though I love her, both look and concept-wise, she's a one-trick pony. Her only threatening skill is her ult. Interrupt it and she can be ignored.

AP Kats, after you stun em out of their ults, just become easy meat unless they (most of em do) blink out, harass/help dmg and wait for their ult again. And if they don't, they die. Sure, they're good chasers, but then again, Rylai+Shunpo only does 15% slow, so...

Phys and tank kats might dish some more damage outside their ult, if you let them (and they really gotta stick around a target for Killer Instict to build up and do some dmg), but their main threat still is their ult...which is easily countered.

I still play her from time to time, but some reworking here and there would probably be for the best.

KREDIT2TEAM

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkspirit View Post
First of all her name is Katarina not Katrina
her naem is katrina cuz she spin aroun lika huricane

GNOY

11-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydriel View Post
SHHHH! Don't say such blasphemy, or Riot will nerf Katarina some more!

smokeD

11-13-2009

She's not OP. One stun owned, I go tank/dps build thuogh so i usually have 3k hp + 270 attack damage. FTW.