Am I OP? Katrina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yakbutter

11-11-2009

Pretty new player, but have been playing Katrina a lot and getting better and better and harassing and champ slaying.. just had a first ever, no deaths in a game, 9/0/6, wardens mail, thornmail, warmogs, ninja boots, something else... anyone else think katrina might be a lil bit OP? her ability to harass is awesome, and she can escape from the clutches of player death squads with her teleport..

Workout Guy

11-11-2009

First of all her name is Katarina not Katrina. Not a big issue just kind of pointing that out. I do know how you feel though. I was playing a practice game with a friend today who just got the game. He picked Katarina because he played a rogue in WoW and she looked interesting. I'm not the best player, but he seemed to have his way with me a few times, and pretty much shat all over my strategies with his teleport and champion killer ultimate.

A Cantaloupe

11-12-2009

Typically in lower level games she seems to do really well. She is good for harassing early on but as the game goes on she'll become less and less useful. Stuns shut her down pretty easily, too.

KonaKona

11-12-2009

Effective use of CC hurts Kat a LOT

Draggo

11-12-2009

Kat isnt OP in my opinion. It really depends on who shes up against. I main Alistar, i simply wait for her to spin and stomp her face in, canceling her ultimate before it starts. She can become very useless very fast. She is so reliant on her ultimate mid-end game that anyone waiting to interupt it is going to make her non-threatening.

I do think its a bit of BS that she doesnt need mana tho, she can do a bit too much levels 1-8 i think, but she evens out after that.

Arthas Menethil

11-12-2009

Kat's role is mop-up, wait for Rammus/Malphite to charge in, cause havoc, then jump in and spin while nobody is watching. Therefore she's not OP, as she depends on initiators (OP means a hero that doesn't even need an initiator. Atm, there are none, not with the latest patch. master yi can't slow for **** so he doesn't count either)

Iskar

11-12-2009

1. Kat jumps in.
2. Death Lotus, o noes!
3. Stunned.
4. "Katarina is bad, lololol"

Ydriel

11-12-2009

SHHHH! Don't say such blasphemy, or Riot will nerf Katarina some more!

Yeorwned

11-12-2009

Katarina is not overpowered. She's well balanced and requires a very proper play set. She's either complete fail or domination.

Lazhard

11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cantaloupe View Post
Stuns shut her down pretty easily, too.
I'm not going to say that Katarina is or isn't OP, but this is not the first time I see LoL forum the argument "It's not OP, just FOCUS/CC him/her and you hurt/easily kill that champ"

In my very very short experience in this game I know that (more or less at the same level/build) if a champ is focused/cced there is nothing to do and 99% you are dead.

The only ways I consider to get away a CC/focus are cleanse and flesh, and are summoner spells, so, everyone can take and use them in the right way.