How does one recover after falling behind in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alaskaneagle

08-14-2012

on the occasions I am losing top lane I tend to take advantage of having teleport and gank mid or even bot on my way back from base then tele back to my lane. Basically goes with residualshades advice. if you give them a hand winning their lane you can end the laning phase early and reduce your disadvantage. coordinating with the jungler to do this
can usually win a lane immediatly ending the lane phase.

And even if this doesn't end the lane phase it might help the other guy be able to make up for the slack from your lane. Don't forget it's a team game. It is always nice to be the impressive hero that saves the game but if you realize you are not going to be that hero helpping the guy on your team that has the best chance of stepping up into that role can win games and make up for you having an unlucky bad start.

Bowsersaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

1. outfarm your opponent
2. harass but don't commit, at the earliest levels when you have no ward you shouldn't be trying to kill your enemy if your jungler is not nearby, if you think you're going to get ganked, tell your team and they might be able to countergank
3. buy appropriately when faced off against a tough lane, if you're against an ad auto attack opponent, get your tabi/hog/warden's mail/glacial shroud asap, if you're facing an ap get your mercs/hog/negatron/double null-magic/ruby crystal
4. try to always buy at least 1 ward and at least 2 pots, if you know your enemy is warding too, get a pink and destroy their ward, they are now infinitely more vulnerable to ganks
5. call out when enemy's summoner's are down, your jungle should zoom to you immediately to gank
6. if you're feeling really brave you can take the enemy golems/lizard/wraiths, make sure you have things warded and/or know where everyone is on the map (enemy mid/jungle are ganking bot/doing dragon, enemy top is mindlessly csing)
7. after 1 kill you really shouldn't be zoned that hard, it could be you're playing too passively. learn how to trade and how to harass when they go for cs
8. pick really strong top laners, learn 2-3 of them in and out

Klaxius

08-14-2012

Capitalize on the throws that happen in every game.

Resent

08-14-2012

If you get counter-picked in general, try to be the biggest female dog in the lane as you can. Blatantly freeze the lane, get ganks from your jungler, but don't try to "win", unless you have an easy 2v1 from you and your jungler vs them.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

this basically follows what has already been mentioned. but i got counter picked in a game as adc. kog and sona vs cait taric. and basically i just played the tower hug game until team phase hit. i also picked up jungle creeps every chance i got even in my jungle (only do this if your jungler isn't nearby of course). in the first 15 minutes cait had double my cs and was 2/0 to my 0/1. 40 minutes in i had double her cs and was 13/2. also helps if ur champ scales better in late game :-)

FlowyS

08-14-2012

It depends on enemy gold rather than kills/deaths. Even if someone is 4/0, if you are level 12 while they are level 10, you can fight them easily! It's not just kda, it's about levels and gold.

tiburon5

08-14-2012

Well when I play solo ranked queue I usually play nasus (my best champ), and the way I handle being zoned is that I wait for them to make a mistake. Ill bide my time by the tower, last hitting when I can, and then when they're over confident and hold back abilities thinking they'll win anyways, that's when I attack. About 50% of the time it'll work, the other 50% ill have to recall (its pretty hard to kill a nasus outright). Their biggest advantage can be a HUGE disadvantage. I know I get confident when I stary winning a lane, and the rookie mistake made by most people is that they think they don't have to ult or use summoners to beat you. So while you're pumping out damage, they're thinking "pfft half hp? Ill still win." And then when they've already lost they'll throw out everything to get away (usually unsuccessful), and suddenly they're the one on defense with 200 hp, unable to recall if you can continue hitting them from a range.

However, once they get back, you better have a REAL advantage because surprise usually only works once and they're more careful from then on because they believe you're equal or better. If you don't have an advantage that you can actively show, you're in for a world of hurt as they realize they're still winning.

Reason this works: people think all information in this is black and white, but there are definitely shades of grey. Tricking opponents to believe you're stronger is a very good strategy, and most people will buy it because they don't think it could possibly be a lie in this game of numbers.

KimchiPanda

08-14-2012

ask jungler to consistently camp your lane. ppl think this is noobish, but honestly that's how your going to make it past laning phase

FaerellG

08-14-2012

If you went from normals to draft, I have to ask: how good is your pick/ban strategy?
Usually when people hop into draft, they end up counter picking themselves or getting countered into oblivion. So what may seem like an issue of losing your lane, may actually stem from bad pick/ban strategy.