Summoner spell suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

08-13-2012

As it stands right now there is very little incentive to pick anything but flash/exhaust(For support), flash/heal(For ADC), flash/ignite(for everything the **** else) and smite is a mandatory pick for any jungler. Let's review all the summoners, starting with the actually viable ones.

Smite? No jungle can get by without it.
Ignite? The goto spell of choice for top lanes, aggressive ADs and AP carries
Flash? Mandatory for all but the high mobility champions that favor ghost(Singed)
Exhaust? Almost exclusively for supports and a select few junglers
Cleanse? Rarely and almost exclusively for ADs against suppress, morde, amd ashe
Teleport? Rarely and exclusively top lane
Ghost? High mobility top lanes only and even then most people choose flash anyway
Surge? Nope
Clarity? Nope
Revive? hahahaha
Promote? Also never
Clairvoyance? Rarely, if ever

My proposal is that summoner spells as a whole be revamped. Riot did it for masteries which are at least slightly more flexible than they were before. It should be done for summoners as well. I can't be the only one that thinks that out of the 12 summoners available, really only 4 ever see the light of day excluding very specific situations. This is across most elos too, I watch 2.1k+ elo streams and even top players adhere to this completely fixed summoner system.

Another point: Remove smite from the game and nerf the jungle a bit so that junglers have more flexibility with their summoners(Or just do like fiddle's darkwind and have certain abilities do extra damage to minions) As it stands every jungler has 2 choices: flash/smite or exhaust/smite. A rare few might run ghost/smite(Olaf is an example).

Also Remove flash(Inc wall of text) from the game because, honestly, it needs to be done without. It's a newbie friendly tool that makes a dire mistake recoverable when it simply shouldn't be. I'm sorry but if you randomly run into 1v5 in the enemy jungle, you should not be able to escape. Flashing over a wall and trolololing away is ridiculous no matter how you spin it. As long as flash is still in the game there will never be more than one summoner you can swap around with, and even then you have all of about 5 alternate choices. All the range nerfs in the world aren't going to make people want to drop flash.

At the very least flash's ability to go over walls should simply be removed. Bad plays should always be punished unless your champion has the kit to escape on it's own. moving to against a wall typing /l and then mashing D or F is mindless. Get out of fail free cards shouldn't be free. If anything make a blink dagger item that has 3 variants(Tank, AD, and AP) so if someone really wants to be able to flash around with impunity, they should at least shell out some gold first. Or, hell, have flash have a slight windup like .7 seconds and increase it's range. Make it interruptable outside of hard cc locking.

Something, anything to improve the current summoner system. Because, personally, I'd love to be able to run clairvoyance again, or try out surge without feeling like I'm missing out on potential kills. Last I checked ignite was supposed to be more of a countermeasure to high sustain champions like vlad and support champs like soraka. 90% of the time people just use it to secure kills.

MeltedWater

08-14-2012

I see people run CV all the time and use it well. I don't use it well, so I run Exhaust instaed, but I wish I knew how to use CV better.

And what's wrong with Teleport?

I think someone is just a little bit mad that someone Flashed away from him today. lolololol

Kagami

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
I see people run CV all the time and use it well. I don't use it well, so I run Exhaust instaed, but I wish I knew how to use CV better.

And what's wrong with Teleport?

I think someone is just a little bit mad that someone Flashed away from him today. lolololol
Teleport is a bit too weak compared to Ignite given the large CD gap, making it less popular even if you don't need grievous wounds.

Ansate

08-14-2012

Lets face it. Flash is pretty much everyone's pick, and either exhaust/ignite is right behind it.

I wouldn't mind a revamp of some of the spells again to make variety, but I only see that happening if Flash is utterly destroyed, and as it stands now it's been nerfed a ton since the old days where you could use it and dodge a turret shot.

skao

08-15-2012

i like the idea of being able to use other summoners without being called a newb but this is item discussion section of the forums

Kagami

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skao View Post
i like the idea of being able to use other summoners without being called a newb but this is item discussion section of the forums
Aside from general discussion Summoner Spells, Runesm and Masteries fall closely to the domain of this subforum