Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A guide to early game item purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blueonblue

08-13-2012

Greetings fellow Summoners!

I wrote a short guide aimed at new players who want to learn a bit about why some items are better than others early game and why top level players choose the items that they do.

You can check it out at nonfictiongaming.com
http://www.nonfictiongaming.com/opinion/league-of-legends-item-guide-5217/

I hope it's of help!

Blueonblue

09-04-2012

So what do you guys think?

Etherimp

09-04-2012

Doesn't really help much, I don't think. The people who would be gaining anything from this would be total noobs, but it isn't really specific enough to help them.

Furthermore, first item is extremely situational.

If I am playing Caitlyn and I have a sustain support (like Soraka), I would take Dorans blade and Teleport.. If I was playing Sivir, and I was with a Taric, I would take Boots+3 pots, and I would go Flash/Heal.

If I am going Top lane as .. anyone? I could choose between a Dorans blade/ring, Boots 3 pot, Cloth + 5 pots, Rejuev Pendent + 1 pot, or Dorans shield.. It completely depends upon who I am matched up against.

Same goes for mid..

Overall, your guide is not very helpful to the people who it needs to be helpful to.