A guide to early game item purchases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blueonblue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Greetings fellow Summoners!

I wrote a short guide aimed at new players who want to learn a bit about why some items are better than others early game and why top level players choose the items that they do.

You can check it out at nonfictiongaming.com
http://www.nonfictiongaming.com/opin...em-guide-5217/

I hope it's of help!

Blueonblue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

So what do you guys think?

Etherimp

09-04-2012

Doesn't really help much, I don't think. The people who would be gaining anything from this would be total noobs, but it isn't really specific enough to help them.

Furthermore, first item is extremely situational.

If I am playing Caitlyn and I have a sustain support (like Soraka), I would take Dorans blade and Teleport.. If I was playing Sivir, and I was with a Taric, I would take Boots+3 pots, and I would go Flash/Heal.

If I am going Top lane as .. anyone? I could choose between a Dorans blade/ring, Boots 3 pot, Cloth + 5 pots, Rejuev Pendent + 1 pot, or Dorans shield.. It completely depends upon who I am matched up against.

Same goes for mid..

Overall, your guide is not very helpful to the people who it needs to be helpful to.