[Guide] Tryndamere - King of Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draik

11-19-2010

i totally disagree with ghost/flash only as summoner spells. i would either grab exhaust or cleance instead of one of them since trynd already have a superior mobility you need something that helps you IN battle. cleance is helpfull when you are going agaist disablers specially teemo. why teemo? because his freaking dart blinds your like forever (you feel its forever when you play trynd). exhaust is good because it can be used for chasing or getting the advantage agaist another autoatacker (it screw up other team's trynds and twitch specially). if you really do need a extra chasing ability you can replace your early zeal for youmus and get the mini-ghost from it trynd is usually capable of chasing almost any champ (i remember one time when i catched up to a running kassadin).

xMarrx

11-19-2010

I totally agree that you dont need both flash and ghost. Currently flash makes trynd pretty OP when it comes to escapes and being able to catch people. Also, i agree with draik that exhaust is a better choice. exhaust +flash is a pretty good combo imo.

ThePlumber

11-19-2010

If you don't take cleanse, then you don't deserve to play Trynd

FABIOForever

11-19-2010

Many people have done the math. Even on Tryndamere, crit damage isn't as good as armor penetration.

Plus, you kind of have to question the usefulness of a guide that lays out "it all comes down to luck" as a strategy.

xMarrx

11-19-2010

I'm just going to leave it up to luck and 5v1 the other team using this guide. hopefully ill be lucky enough for them to not be able to click and target me so i can get an easy pentakill!

Teabag Terror

11-19-2010

I can vouch for this, seeing as I was shut down when playing around with Sivir the other day against a Trynd mid. Spell Shielding after Trynd spins stops him from slowing you, though, which is a big help.

Though I'd argue that Cleanse is essential for Trynd.

athan

11-20-2010

but you guys do realise that cleanse doesnt cleanse everything you know. suppression spells cant be cleanse. so maybe a quicksilver is more essential.

jamon

11-20-2010

Any reason for getting Phantom Dancer over Ghostblade as a first item?

BlackRampage

11-20-2010

Any reason for getting PD without even a mention of the other team's physical damage sources? PD is a stupidly expensive item. If you're going to get it, at least make sure the reasons for getting it are complete and throughout.

Accydia

07-22-2013

Yeah I love playing trynd and he's really strong if played correctly. I'm kind of sick of all those forums about how trynd sucks and is so weak. Generallly trynd's that don't do well were harassed early game making that fall behind. I think there's too much negativity against trynd even though he's such a great champion.