[Guide] Tryndamere - King of Mid

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Cowdog

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
The frozen mallet and randuins isn't exactly for survivability as much as it is for slowing the enemy. I rarely get randuins as I'm usually rocking quick silver sash. Frozen mallets keeps chasers from ever getting out of your sight once you spin and mocking shout to catch them. Some people use ghostblade to fill that gap but I find frozen mallet to be more consistent. I do sometimes like randuin's for the aoe slow and the regen. I just dont like GA after the nerf. I sometimes get a spirit visage instead of randuins for the heal bonus and cooldowns.
I wasn't talking about items. You can take whatever items you want. I was speaking of runes.

Magnious

09-15-2010

So I saw this guide yesterday and tried it out in two games:

1) Against a 1650 solo que elo tristana mid. I started out passive just last hitting and building stacks, taking the occasional harass from trist. She grew ever so confident, attacking me whenever i would go for a last hit. Around lvl 3/4 I was at about 75% health with full stacks, popped a potion, spun in and went at it. Trist had about 80% health or so and bam, I crit twice, she flees, I pop ghost and get first blood. I continue on to dominate mid and end up winning the game.

2) Against a 1600 solo que elo twitch mid. I started out the same way as the previous game but got harassed hard from the get go even while just playing passive. I had to pop both potions at level 1! Not a good start. I heal back up to about 80% with stacks once I reach lvl 3. I then spin in and go at it. I only crit once, and I give first blood due to expunge( I was one auto attack away from killing him). Also, a mistake I made was spinning in with no stacks up on bloodlust which would have made the difference AND not popping a pot).

Anyway, this guide is definitely legit. Although, everyone gets pissed off when you try to take mid with trynd so its tough to actually get a chance to do so.

Finally, I am not sure how I feel about runing for crit dmg vs armor pen. Your guide focuses on early mid lane dominance and armor pen gives exactly that.

TacoMental

09-15-2010

I'm working on a section for specific mids. So far twitch is the only person who dominates me hardcore.

I understand your questioning on the critdmg My personal feeling is that since I prioritize last whisper in my build that any reduction of armor i am doing after I get it will dilute its effect. 30 armor pen? They have 60 armor then my lastwhisper is only getting me like 13 armor reduction but if i have none its closer to 30. Crit dmg is something you can only get in a few places and I feel that the armor pen early isn't that much more effective.

If my hits are 60 base and i do 150 with crit dmg runes and 120 without but i have armor pen then thier 35 armor is only a 15-20% decrease in my dmg. I haven't run the exact numbers but since i'm relying on crits in my skirmishes anyway I want them to be big and inconsistent not constant.

That being said its not a huge deal if you run armor pen instead. Its not a deal breaker. A deal breaker is to not go mid. If i can't mid with tyrnd for some reason I always jungle.

TacoMental

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cowdog View Post
I wasn't talking about items. You can take whatever items you want. I was speaking of runes.

Oh ok. Well the runes are personal preference you probably could go without them but I find them to be a bigger aid than crit chance or crit dmg. with defensive masteries and the defensive runes I start the game with 54 magic resists and 10% dodge. You will be harassed and I fined these to be decent stats. Then add in 20% dodge from phantom dancer and 30% dodge helps you counter other carry's a little.

Using phantom dancer and infinity edge as my only crit chance items puts me around 50% crit chance. I usually run green potions to put me @ 65. This is more than adequate if I went with crit chance it would put me above an optimal amount considering my passive. Adding more crit DMG might be viable but i don't have the ip yet to get 18 more dmg runes @ 820 a pop. And considering they drop off from 2.23% at the mark level to .78 & .56 for the seal & glyph i highly doubt they are worth it. Attack speed is one option I have considered trying however.

Basist

09-15-2010

Teemo would be your worst nightmare 1v1 mid. If anyone says Tryn can kill Teemo pre-level 6 1v1, they're a very bad Teemo.

TacoMental

09-15-2010

Blinding shot sucks hard. I fought a heimer with his blind and it was rough until I learned to bait and dodge. This does not work vs teemo. He is one of the cases where I would do my best to wait till lvl 6 and kill him. I still feel its better to play cautious mid than cautious side lane.

neocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyrTW View Post
Tryndamere mid gets wrecked by Gragas mid, along with other common mids like Vlad and Morde.
vlad and mord are nothing, but a gragas can be annoying with one good ult.

malphismia

09-18-2010

This would be really good versus squishy ranged champs. Early-game crits are amazing.

But if you go up against someone who can heal or damage mitigate (Nidalee, Vlad, Morde etc.) you might want to just sidelane.

TacoMental

09-18-2010

vlad morde and nidalee are all nothing to worry about.

Dahras

09-18-2010

Suprisingly I am pretty sure that this guide is legit. I have a friend who I play TT ranked a bunch with and he goes Trynd. We give him lizard (if possible) and then let him fly solo top. I think he has raped pretty much 75% of the games like this, even against traditionally strong solo laners like vlad and ez

12345678 ... 10