[Guide] Tryndamere - King of Mid

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iP1ayJarvan

09-14-2010

interesting. i'll do the experimenting and will post when i have bout 20+ games tested using this.
i normally play support though so this will be a nice change

TacoMental

09-14-2010

I'll try to get a video up. Can anyone point me to some good software for doing so? I tried using xfire but it sucks my fps way down.

Eviant

09-14-2010

I don't get it. Why would you put Trynd in Mid? I know it's a nice idea, But if you have a ranged carry like Tristana, why would you rather take mid? You will do just about the same damage as you would if you did mid, while Trist may be struggling later because of it.

And second, what would you do against skilled opponents who play characters like Cho'Gath mid, or Morgana mid, Or Ez mid? Cho laughs at your damage early, has a slow, a silence, and a passive heal. Or Morgana and Ez, who are never standing still as they take pot shots at you? Or if you come out at like level 4 and Morg Snares you? I don't really think you have thought this through as thoroughly as you should have. There are alot of techniques that Mid Characters develop for dealing with the Melee Mid Class. And alot of them have stuns snares, slows, silences, ect. which disable you, causing you to waste flash.

It's not to say that it's a horrible guide, but Mid carries with it alot more the higher the ELO you go.

Draik

09-14-2010

well that will work unless you got a freaking urgot who can harash you at tower or a garen (his spin>your spin) anyways he can pretty much be a solid pick for most of the common solos i usually can manage people like ashe, morde (unkillable but standable), ezreal, teemo and others. also having critical chance instead of dmg helps a lot

TacoMental

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
I don't get it. Why would you put Trynd in Mid? I know it's a nice idea, But if you have a ranged carry like Tristana, why would you rather take mid? You will do just about the same damage as you would if you did mid, while Trist may be struggling later because of it.

And second, what would you do against skilled opponents who play characters like Cho'Gath mid, or Morgana mid, Or Ez mid? Cho laughs at your damage early, has a slow, a silence, and a passive heal. Or Morgana and Ez, who are never standing still as they take pot shots at you? Or if you come out at like level 4 and Morg Snares you? I don't really think you have thought this through as thoroughly as you should have. There are alot of techniques that Mid Characters develop for dealing with the Melee Mid Class. And alot of them have stuns snares, slows, silences, ect. which disable you, causing you to waste flash.

It's not to say that it's a horrible guide, but Mid carries with it alot more the higher the ELO you go.

You make it sound like its all theorycrafting but this comes from actual play. For example EZ. Last time I played vs an EZ i killed him 3x before by level 7 and managed a couple ganks in the side lane. You say that a lot of ranged mid's have ways of dealing with a melee mid class. Not all melee's are created equal. Fighting morde is a lot different than fighting cho which is a lot different than fighting trynd.

EZ is no problem but morgana's disable is annoying and I would only do hard aggression early in the phase to do dmg and scare her then i fall back a tad and farm. I hold off on further all out aggression till i have my ulti.

Your other point that a ranged carry like tristana would be better mid but thats only if we happen to have 2 carries. Its also worth mentioning that If trynd isn't mid he struggles. If he goes mid he can be above and beyond other characters from 6 on. The nature of his ultimate is huge mid game. It basically enables him to go in and finish people while he is half way to a decent build. That means you can start carrying earlier. The reason so many people consider trynd a hard carry is because he is gimped so hardcore by taking a side lane.

A ranged character doesnt' have to worry about dual harassment. Other melee carries have a better time dealing with harass because they have better healing mechanics or spells that enable them to farm or last hit with less of a hit to their hp. Yi's meditation, sion's shield etc. Trynd has to use health to do anything and if he can't get in and get hits he can't pop a spell and heal. Trynd also gets priority focus in any side lane, period.

My point is that trynd's early game is way more consistent in the mid lane than side lane or jungle.

TacoMental

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draik View Post
well that will work unless you got a freaking urgot who can harash you at tower or a garen (his spin>your spin) anyways he can pretty much be a solid pick for most of the common solos i usually can manage people like ashe, morde (unkillable but standable), ezreal, teemo and others. also having critical chance instead of dmg helps a lot
Garen's healing is better than yours too. I've actually not fought garen mid. I can't remember if I've gotten urgot either but i wasn't on much when he first released and I've only seen him used sparingly.

Sir Cowdog

09-15-2010

The main thing I disagree with is trying to add survivability to Trynd. His entire purpose is to make people die and fear him due to massive crits. Your survivability comes from your ultimate, your slide, flash, and a firm knowledge of how and when to use them. Muddling things by trying to rune Trynd for suvivability like he's some kind of demi-tank is a huge mistake, IMO.

Otherwise, nice guide.

TacoMental

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cowdog View Post
The main thing I disagree with is trying to add survivability to Trynd. His entire purpose is to make people die and fear him due to massive crits. Your survivability comes from your ultimate, your slide, flash, and a firm knowledge of how and when to use them. Muddling things by trying to rune Trynd for suvivability like he's some kind of demi-tank is a huge mistake, IMO.

Otherwise, nice guide.
The frozen mallet and randuins isn't exactly for survivability as much as it is for slowing the enemy. I rarely get randuins as I'm usually rocking quick silver sash. Frozen mallets keeps chasers from ever getting out of your sight once you spin and mocking shout to catch them. Some people use ghostblade to fill that gap but I find frozen mallet to be more consistent. I do sometimes like randuin's for the aoe slow and the regen. I just dont like GA after the nerf. I sometimes get a spirit visage instead of randuins for the heal bonus and cooldowns.

ShadowCobra

09-15-2010

ive done something similar vs Morgana on a side lane cause we both had junglers. I run Armor pen marks and did really well. So i can see how this could work with your setup. Its not fool proof but then again nothing is. Part skill of players, the players knowledge, and well just plain dumb luck lol.

Nice job imo tho

Skwid1g

09-15-2010

I've done this before, but my rune page is ****ty as hell and I green potted.

You don't understand LoL rage until you spin into an Ashe's face and crit her 4 times in a row at level 2.

1234567 ... 10